What is my best option for lp-fm + internet radio?

Maestro232

Greetings. We have been using RadioBoss for several years in order to broadcast a low power FM radio station. We would like to include an internet stream of the station, and if possible, just use the products RadioBOSS has to offer. It is not clear to me if the best way to do that is to have RadioBOSS and then purchase a RadioBOSS Cloud plan for the streaming. When I look at the cloud program it looks that I could possibly replace the regular PC version of RadioBOSS, but I guess I'm just not sure. Given that our station is mostly unattended, it would be nice to access and schedule our scheduler from home via the web. So does the cloud program really replace everything so I can have both FM and internet broadcasts from the same scheduler?

When I look at the cloud program it looks that I could possibly replace the regular PC version of RadioBOSS
Not really, it has way less features compared to the desktop version. You can use it as a backup, in case your main stream is offline for some reason. Depending on what features you use in the Desktop version, Cloud version may or may not be enough for your needs. We offer a 14 day trial so you can check how it works for you.

OK, can you provide guidance, then, on if RadioBOSS + RadioCloud is the correct way to add an internet radio stream, or is there a better way? I would just want to push our radioBOSS feed up to a streaming server.

OK, can you provide guidance, then, on if RadioBOSS + RadioCloud is the correct way to add an internet radio stream, or is there a better way? I would just want to push our radioBOSS feed up to a streaming server.
Greetings. We have been using RadioBoss for several years in order to broadcast a low power FM radio station. We would like to include an internet stream of the station, and if possible, just use the products RadioBOSS has to offer. It is not clear to me if the best way to do that is to have RadioBOSS and then purchase a RadioBOSS Cloud plan for the streaming. When I look at the cloud program it looks that I could possibly replace the regular PC version of RadioBOSS, but I guess I'm just not sure. Given that our station is mostly unattended, it would be nice to access and schedule our scheduler from home via the web. So does the cloud program really replace everything so I can have both FM and internet broadcasts from the same scheduler?
maybe a 2nd instance of radioboss would be a solution
in the first the FM that broadcasts normally and in the 2nd Radioboss enter the url of the fm stream and simply send the signal to the internet stream
Or vice versa in the first stream the normal program to the internet stream and in the 2nd RB enter the url of the inetstream in the playlist and send the signal to the FM stream

maybe a 2nd instance of radioboss would be a solution
in the first the FM that broadcasts normally and in the 2nd Radioboss enter the url of the fm stream and simply send the signal to the internet stream
Or vice versa in the first stream the normal program to the internet stream and in the 2nd RB enter the url of the inetstream in the playlist and send the signal to the FM stream
I might be explaining what I'm trying to achieve in a confusing way. We don't currently have an internet radio streaming plan. I just want to set up our current radioBOSS which is feeding our FM equipment to send the stream to a streaming provider. I'm trying to understand if radioBOSS Cloud functions as a streaming provider for radioBOSS desktop, or if the cloud version only gets its programming from a separate play queue set up in cloud. Make sense? In other words, we want the same program that broadcasts over FM to be the same program that broadcasts on an internet stream.

Yes, this is perfectly fine and it's actually one of the standard ways of using RadioBOSS Cloud.

I'm trying to understand if radioBOSS Cloud functions as a streaming provider for radioBOSS desktop, or if the cloud version only gets its programming from a separate play queue set up in cloud.
RadioBOSS Cloud can receive stream from desktop RadioBOSS, from what you describe, it's exactly what you need. Here's how to configure it: https://www.radioboss.fm/support/radioboss-cloud/live-broadcast/

Back