API for DaCast or other video stream

johngrant

I have a broadcast radio partner who has opted to use DaCast for online streaming.  Is anyone aware of an API that converts that to a direct stream URL I can stream?  Thanks.

johngrant said:
I have a broadcast radio partner who has opted to use DaCast for online streaming.  Is anyone aware of an API that converts that to a direct stream URL I can stream?  Thanks.
You can inspect the HTML code for web player that plays the stream, there's a good chance that you'll find direct stream address there.

I had a virtual machine created that launches a browser and runs that dacast player.  It creates a local stream which I am trying to run in the Scheduler. It runs fine for about two minutes then I get a network timeout.  The stream is created on a local machine.  Thoughts?

johngrant said:
I had a virtual machine created that launches a browser and runs that dacast player.  It creates a local stream which I am trying to run in the Scheduler. It runs fine for about two minutes then I get a network timeout.  The stream is created on a local machine.  Thoughts?
You need to investigate what exactly happens. E.g. if it's a web player that stops working, or the stream terminates (check the server logs).

Back