Automate Playlist -> Other Stream ->Playlist

Out of curiosity, what is Podomatic returning for stream name?  I'm coming up with "podcast" and a number or "rss2."  I seem to only be able to use the task name - prefer the podcast name or stream title.

johngrant said:
Out of curiosity, what is Podomatic returning for stream name?  I'm coming up with "podcast" and a number or "rss2."  I seem to only be able to use the task name - prefer the podcast name or stream title.
Just tested it and the title was:
SUPER SHOW: @JoeConchaTV & @JudgeJeanine Join #POPS Monday

Under Settings > Options > View I have %casttitle in Title Format. I also have Include Stream Name In Title checked.

In the scheduler I *do not* have Send task name instead of title to server checked.

I run it. http://the405radio.podomatic.com/rss2.xml podcast #0 returns rss2()

I'm doing something else wrong.

Please try using the default format: %artist - %title.
The %casttitle macro is not intended to be used in playlist titles - it's for the HTTP request feature.

Did you check the "Podcast" checkbox when you added the URL? And also I'd suggest you to install RadioBOSS 5.3 (beta).

Aha.  Title is returned in the beta!  Gracias.

Enhancement:  any way to extract more than the title from a stream/RSS feed? Or, alternately, pass %tittle in task name, send that to the server, and throw some text in that task name, as well.

For example Task Name:  "%title - The Johnny Jones Show @JohnnyJonesTwitter"

I can't do it under view because it would be stream/podcast specific.  Thanks for your help.

johngrant said:
Enhancement:  any way to extract more than the title from a stream/RSS feed? Or, alternately, pass %tittle in task name, send that to the server, and throw some text in that task name, as well.
Currently it's not supported (and most server do not usually supply any additional information, anyway).

johngrant said:
For example Task Name:  "%title - The Johnny Jones Show @JohnnyJonesTwitter"

I can't do it under view because it would be stream/podcast specific.  Thanks for your help.
You can create a file type and specify a custom title template for it.

johngrant said:
Can I pass the stream name in an HTTP GET? I tweet show titles this way.  Thanks again.
In the GET request you can use %artist, %title, %casttitle and other variables, here's the full list: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/http_request.htm

OK, some more. The stream started by the Scheduler seems to start two HTTP GET requests - the first one contains "Network Stream" in the title, and the second one contains the name of the actual stream in the title.  Thoughts?

johngrant said:
OK, some more. The stream started by the Scheduler seems to start two HTTP GET requests - the first one contains "Network Stream" in the title, and the second one contains the name of the actual stream in the title.  Thoughts?
Yes, the GET request is sent every time the title is changed. You can filter out those requests on server side (I suppose the requests are sent to your own script?).

Here's something else I have observed. I have scheduled events mixed with an active playlist  If a scheduled event occurs before the last track of an active playlist finishes, once the scheduled event completes, the last track starts over. If another scheduled event occurs, the track will play again. Any way to loop to the top of that playlist once the last track is played?  Thanks.

johngrant said:
Here's something else I have observed. I have scheduled events mixed with an active playlist  If a scheduled event occurs before the last track of an active playlist finishes, once the scheduled event completes, the last track starts over. If another scheduled event occurs, the track will play again. Any way to loop to the top of that playlist once the last track is played?  Thanks.
Just tested it, and it appears to be a bug in RadioBOSS. It will be fixed in the future (I think it'll go to the start of the playlist if you have the Repeat List option enabled).

Back