Automate Playlist -> Other Stream ->Playlist

johngrant

Anyway to program the playlist to stop at a predetermined time and pick up a live stream elsewhere, then resuming the playlist at a predetermined time? Does the Scheduler support this with line input? Thanks.

johngrant said:
Anyway to program the playlist to stop at a predetermined time and pick up a live stream elsewhere, then resuming the playlist at a predetermined time? Does the Scheduler support this with line input? Thanks.
Yes, to achieve this, create an event to pick up live stream (from Internet stream or line input) and set its duration. The playlist will be started and stopped automatically.

1. What's an acceptable internet stream?
2. What is the Podcast check box for?
3. Can I test the stream before it's scheduled to make sure RadioBOSS can run it?
4. Will the next track in the playlist automatically start after the scheduled stream?
5. Can I use a HTML GET when a scheduled even starts?  If so, how do I pass parameters?

Thanks

1. A playlist or a direct stream URL will do.
2. It's for podcasts - you enter a link to a podcast stream (XML) and it will play the latest podcast.
3. Yes, select the event and click Run Now button.
4. Yes.
5. You can setup notifications http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/http_request.htm - it will send a request each time a track starts in the playlist (it will also include your stream started from the event).

johngrant said:
How can I pass %album @comment %title %artist etc.?  There's a single 'task name' field in that setup.
The global title format is set in Settings->Broadcasting (by default it's %artist - %title). You can override it for each encoder if needed (the Metadata tab in encoder setup window) and each file type (Settings->File types) can also have its own title format. The "Task name" is used to change broadcasting title for a specific scheduled event.

OK, I use this HTTP GET:

http://tools.live365.com/cgi-bin/add_song.cgi?version=2&pass=MyPassword&handle=MyHandle&title=%title&artist=%artist&album=%album&coverURL=%comment

I can edit metadata for locally run playlist tracks.  Where can I edit metadata for scheduled streams, etc?

Thanks.

You can use the %casttitle variable. It will include the title you've specified for a stream or an event.

johngrant said:
OK, thanks.  Just to be clear, the Scheduler doesn't yet support the %album and %comment parameters?
It doesn't need to. If you simply start tracks from the scheduler, the artist/title info will be sent to the server, the same way it sends this information for other tracks which are played in the playlist.

johngrant said:
Where do I enter the metadata for the Scheduler internet streams, as opposed to tracks? Sorry to be a pest.
If you schedule stream playback via a scheduler, it will use the stream's metadata by default. I'd suggest you to try how it works...

Eh, didn't get all the metadata I need from the internet stream.

Question: Is there an event I can schedule a minute or so after the scheduled internet stream launches, a track, perhaps overlaying the stream, which would have the metadata I need.

This is a cool tool and I think I just need to make a couple of tweaks.  Thanks again.

johngrant said:
Eh, didn't get all the metadata I need from the internet stream.
It reads the metadata the server sends - what do you mean it doesn't read "all" metadata?

johngrant said:
Question: Is there an event I can schedule a minute or so after the scheduled internet stream launches, a track, perhaps overlaying the stream, which would have the metadata I need.
In this case, you can use the "Send task name instead of track titles" option in the scheduled event.

OK, I have a workaround, which is to schedule the URL with the contents of %comment and %album explicitly called.  The Scheduler doesn't populate them for a HTTP GET.  No worries.

One more question - any suggestions on using a URL to capture a Ustream stream?  Thanks.

johngrant said:
One more question - any suggestions on using a URL to capture a Ustream stream?  Thanks.
If it's a video stream, then it won't work in RadioBOSS.

Another observation - the Scheduler isn't picking up _any_ metadata unless it's running a local track - an issue with the stream or RSS feed?  Here are some examples.

http://ice9.securenetsystems.net/CSCR #300

http://the405radio.podomatic.com/rss2.xml

Thanks.

It looks like RadioBOSS fails to read metadata from those streams (regardless if it's started by scheduler or added directly to the playlist). Will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks - never tried launching streams except through the scheduler - since I'm taking live feeds from elsewhere - usually - they tend to have to be scheduled.

While investigating this bug, it was revealed that the stream doesn't have per-track metadata. It only sends the stream title, which is not displayed by default in RadioBOSS. To turn it on, please open Settings->View and enable the "Include stream name in title" option.

Back