priority doesn't work

dan95

Hi,
I have dozens of tracks in the database/playlists that haven't been played yet or been on the air last in april / may. But RB still won't play them, even with set prioritys like this:

1687020722383.png

Reduce by 50 fpr tracks played less than 7 days ago
Increase by 50 for tracks played last more than 22 days ago

I already tried "play counter equals 0" etc. Has no effect!

Tracks don't have ratings (just standard 50).

You should also check repeat protection rules, maybe those tracks are not selected because of that. While there are priorities, selection is still random, so some tracks may not be selected for a while.

For priorities to work better, and to improve overall selection quality, repeat protection rules should not be too strict.

Ok, thx, will try that - although it is important to me that songs don't repeat too much.
Repeat protection rules should be reasonable. One of the typical errors is to set "Do not repeat track" settings to the duration of the music library. It won't work.

Hi,

I stil have dozens of unplayed tracks that the playlist generator dont want to play. Also a lot of tracks from april, may, june ... playlist generator almost every time gets tracks last played july. Although I set things like "increase by 50 when track last played more than 30 days ago".

I have set the rule: "increase by 50 when track counter is 0" for example.

Question: Is increase by 50 the highest value I can choose or is increase by 100 or 200 also possible?

Or is this a bug?

I stil have dozens of unplayed tracks that the playlist generator dont want to play. Also a lot of tracks from april, may, june ... playlist generator almost every time gets tracks last played july. Although I set things like "increase by 50 when track last played more than 30 days ago".
You should check your filters, maybe those tracks are excluded for some reason. Also check the track source - it could be that track you need are not added to the selection pool at all.
Also check repeat protection rules, they shouldn't be too strict.

Question: Is increase by 50 the highest value I can choose or is increase by 100 or 200 also possible?
Highest priority value is 90. All calculated values higher than that are capped at 90.

Highest priority value is 90. All calculated values higher than that are capped at 90.
Ok, so "increase by 90" would be the maximum?

Or is it like: When I set "increase by 50" - the priority isn't 100 (50+50) but 90 (maximum)?
So basically I have to increase it by 40 instead of 50 to get the maximum priority?

Last edited:

Or is it like: When I set "increase by 50" - the priority isn't 100 (50+50) but 90 (maximum)?
So basically I have to increase it by 40 instead of 50 to get the maximum priority?
Yes, anything higher than 90 will be set to 90.

Exactly, because de standard priority is 50, if you increase by 40 you are at 0.90, your song have 90% chances to be selected and 40% more than others songs to be selected by Plgenpro.

Best

Altec

Back