Broadcast echo

anne

I am broadcasting using the interal server in radioboss 6.0.4.0. at some point during the broadcast an echo develops. the same track is playing at the same time delayed by a few seconds. to fix the problem I disable the broadcast using the icon next to the settings gear icon, and then re-enable the broadcast.
I'm not sure why this happens. This has also happened while a scheduled url is playing and also while playing Line In.

I don't see how this can be possible, from a technical point of view. Are you sure it's not a problem with the player that you use to listen to the stream? If you stop playback and start again will it work?

I am using RadioBoss Cloud as the player. I will stop the player the next time the echo develops and report back.

The echo developed this morning. I have RadioBoss Cloud scheduled to listen to the URL of RadioBoss Desktop (6.0.4.0) internal broadcast server. After one of my live DJ's disconnected from /live, RadioBoss Cloud switched back to the RadioBoss Desktop URL and the echo started. I stopped the RadioBoss Cloud player and then relaunched the scheduled URL. That did fix the problem. I'm still not sure how this happens.

Happened again this morning while switching from the music playlist to fox news on the line in via satellite . it echoed for 2 minutes only and resolved itself. I do have a recording of the echo and transition.

You can try configuring your own local Icecast instance to use instead of the RadioBOSS's integrated server to see if it makes a difference.

But in your messages you state that you use the integrated server - what is it used for?

Still dealing with the echo. It usually happens when disconnecting from /Live. I think the icecast is not falling back properly. The event it should fall back to is a URL in overplay mode.

p.s.
In one case while connected to /Live I was hearing my talk broadcast on /Stream and music on /Web

The event it should fall back to is a URL in overplay mode.
It does not use Icecast fallback when handling external live streams. If you have overlay events playing, they can cause echo - please try stopping them from the Overview tab to see if it fixed the echo problem.

I get the echo every night at midnight 3 days in a row. I can watch the listeners in RadioBoss Desktop go from 1 to 2. I think RadioBoss Cloud is listening twice. stopping and restarting RadioBoss Cloud player fixes the echo.

I think RadioBoss Cloud is listening twice
Maybe this is actually the case. It "listens" in the background to /live mountpoint (to detect live stream and switch to it). If you also manually make it play the /live mount point e.g. using the scheduler, this will be the second connection.

Back