Broadcasting title do not show for rebroadcast stream

tomimatko

We rebroadcast the news over the stream. We add the news to File Type and put Broadcasting title - Use custom title.
But on the website as Nowplaying it does not show the title but the stream address. Can you fix this?

I can't remember but I think it worked in 5.9?

Last edited:
I installed the old 5.9 along with 6 and compared. Everything is the same for both.
Same name, same indentifier (the stream adress), same Look indetifier in and both are Use custom title...
The 5.9 send the custom title to the web site, but the 6 don't. For all other File types (and for Line In as File type) everything is OK. Only stream makes problem with the title.

When choose look in "Artist, track and Track type tag" it shows the stream adress. If choose "Track type only tag" than there send nosthing. In the playlist as filename there are the stream adress...

Last edited:
Same problem here! "Send task name instead of track titles" seems to be not working in 6. I tried with our "old" backup system on the lower version and there it is working well :cry:

Are you sure that the news stream is properly detected as file type?
Yes it's detected. I tried with the changing of colour of file type. And in the playlist the colour are changed, so that's a sign that it is properly detected. But the custom title are not sended.

Last edited:
We use two different tracks (introfile + show), and till version 6 the checked "Send task name instead of track titles" was working great.

I made a test. In the playlist generator I made a list with 3 files: Intro Jingle - Show - Outro Jingle.
In the Event the playlist is checked "Send task name..." and yes, it sended the task name to the website.

You can check the nowplaying_title.txt (or nowplaying.txt) in the radioboss folder to see if there shows the task name.

it is not working on my side with the actual version (6.0.1.9.). I attached some screenshots @djsoft

Attachments

• problem1.JPG
    problem1.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 258
  • problem2.JPG
    problem2.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 262
  • problem3.JPG
    problem3.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
I create a multiple action like you. 1. action - Jingle (Play one track from folder) and 2. action - Songs (Play all track from folder). And yes, for the first action JINGLE it not send the task name, but for the second action "Play all track from folder" it send the task name. And it sends for all songs from the folder.

Last edited:
The 5.9 send the custom title to the web site, but the 6 don't. For all other File types (and for Line In as File type) everything is OK. Only stream makes problem with the title.
It seems like a bug in the software, will be fixed in the next update.

it is not working on my side with the actual version (6.0.1.9.). I attached some screenshots
If you use multiple actions and one of them is generate command it will not work. I suppose it never did.

I create a multiple action like you. 1. action - Jingle (Play one track from folder) and 2. action - Songs (Play all track from folder). And yes, for the first action JINGLE it not send the task name, but for the second action "Play all track from folder" it send the task name. And it sends for all songs from the folder.
Maybe it did not send the title for Jingle because it belongs to a file type? Did it send a wrong title or did not send a new title at all?

Maybe it did not send the title for Jingle because it belongs to a file type? Did it send a wrong title or did not send a new title at all?
Yes, you're right. I have Jingle as File Type and set > Brodcast title> Do not send title.
When I choose "Use track title" or "Use custom title" everything is fine. So then it sends Task name for both - Jingles and songs.

I just tested for BN-Julian. Usualy I don’t use multiple action for things like that. The Playlist generator is better because I have more control there.

Last edited:
Please try the newer RadioBOSS 6.0.2 version, network stream titles are fixed there.

Please try the newer RadioBOSS 6.0.2 version, network stream titles are fixed there.
Yesss, now it's OK. Thank you for your quick response...

But there is another issue :) When the stream is rebroadcasting it deletes the nowplaying_artwork.png from the radioboss folder and so it's dissapear in website folder. The "Line in" also delete the artwork. Other file types and tracks are OK.
During the stream on the web site instead of an image appears "Playing track artwork". See image.

Can you make to send the Default artwork?

Attachments

• 2020-12-26_230018.jpg
    2020-12-26_230018.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Back