Bug in playlits

pety

Started a new topic becouse this is very, very important.
RadioBOSS is still BETA:

Dmitriy, I am tired... I give up. This version (5.4.0.7) is for me a downgrade and still beta.
It happened again in this morning. I installed the new version and first thing I did was to test it feeding a playlist. Uffff...  :'( 

Ever never happened in older versions. Can you make a revision of code to see where is the problem? It is clear that something new was implemented in 5.4 version. This anything  new makes serious problems.

again.jpg

Dmitriy, another one, later today on my laptop:

another_one.jpg

So, the bug wasn't fixed. Please, fix it. I want to enjoy myself with 5.4

Answered here: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,4408.msg21102/topicseen.html#msg21102

You said:
although our internal tests here did not reveal the problem
How many tests to make myself to prove the bug? I posted screenshots, I made a video. I want 5.4 more than you want. So, I need the fix. If you cannot discover a bug I will come to you (in Russia) to discover it  :)

pety said:
djsoft said:
For me an answer is the fix. I will post this bug until a fix is done.
It's already in the queue to be fixed :)

pety said:
djsoft said:
How can you explain that the new code is slowest. It has a delay which wasn't in old version. Where is the logic here?
It woeks oin a different way now - adding tracks itself is faster, as it doesn't read track information immediately. When you add a folder, it will add it almost instantly, while older versions will make you wait (you'll see progress bar).

The next update will be released shortly - there are other minor bugs that need to be fixed too.

djsoft said:
The next update will be released shortly - there are other minor bugs that need to be fixed too.
Hope to be fixed very soon. After fix I'll thank you :)

djsoft said:
When you add a folder, it will add it almost instantly, while older versions will make you wait (you'll see progress bar).
I have a radio station which works with huge playlist. It is good for that. But my main station works with playlists by one hour. So I understand that main function of RadioBOSS playlist is to add. Maybe I'll have some ideas, but is it possible to add a switch for large playlists and short playlists? For short playlists main function to be reading track information?

Yes, thanks for the suggestion - maybe, when adding small amounts of tracks it will read information right away. We'll come up with a fix anyway, in the next update.

Back