Bug: Next track does not work in certain circumstances

eddr

Hello,

I seem to have found a bug. The next track function (either by button or API) does not work if the playing track is 1st in the playlist and is then deleted. This doesn't happen if shuffle is enabled.

Example:

1. Song A
2. Song B
3. Song C

1 is removed/deleted from the playlist (but is still playing) and then next track is pressed or called via API - it does nothing. As I say, if shuffle playlist is enabled this doesn't happen.

Regards
Edd

Yes, when you start "next" track, it checks what track is currently playing and moves from there (when Shuffle is used, it uses the internal queue).

How this situation happens - what is the reason for removing the currently playing track? Apart "next" command failure, other features may stop work too, e.g it will not show the "coming up next" track.

It's to be able to switch to line in, play it and then remove it and carry on after (as you can't switch to line in via API easily).

So:
1. Scheduler gets turned off
2. Line.In gets inserted to 1 in playlist
3. Play 1 (Line.in) in playlist

Then when done:
1. Delete 1 in playlist (Line In)
2. Scheduler gets turned on
3. Next track (does nothing!)

In any case, surely this is not by design

A possible workaround is to start the next track first, and then remove the track that was playing previously.

I'll add it to the list of bugs, probably the Next command will start the next track even if the playing track was removed.

Yup that workaround should do it, will test it.

Glad that it has been added to the list, appreciate the support - very impressed and it's certainly putting my mind at ease when it comes to purchasing the product.... Nearly done testing

Back