Clocks in PLGen Pro

nelson c

Hello Dmitry,
I've been using MusicMaster for about a year and I'm thinking at some point if it's possible to carry out those functions in PLGen Pro to get back to it.
What I suggest is a kind of assignment grid where a preset is chosen for each hour of the week, which is much more comfortable than dozens of events in the RadioBOSS scheduler. In this way, an event "Generate clock x 10 a.m. to 11 a.m." could be used and the corresponding preset is generated.

In the image each code corresponds to a preset.
This idea can be optional, a more comfortable and visible way to control each hour in a visible way. In addition to this clock could work in the current way.

Another idea that seems interesting to me is the control of artist repetitions from the log. This is great because it takes into account songs that were manually added, songs from previous playlist generations, etc.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 222
I've been using MusicMaster for about a year and I'm thinking at some point if it's possible to carry out those functions in PLGen Pro to get back to it.
What I suggest is a kind of assignment grid where a preset is chosen for each hour of the week, which is much more comfortable than dozens of events in the RadioBOSS scheduler. In this way, an event "Generate clock x 10 a.m. to 11 a.m." could be used and the corresponding preset is generated.
This fits Scheduler more because it's responsible to run things based on time. Playlist Generator only creates the playlists, it doesn't care about the time and doesn't do anything by itself.
Soon (in version 6.2) RadioBOSS will have a new feature: multiple start times for events. This will allow to get rid of multiple events that do the same thing but must run at different times.
Having a grid UI would also be possible in this case, it can be made similar to AdsScheduler. But this will only be possible once events have multiple start times.

Another idea that seems interesting to me is the control of artist repetitions from the log. This is great because it takes into account songs that were manually added, songs from previous playlist generations, etc.
Playlist Generator already does it - it takes into account when tracks were played and also considers the tracks present in the playlist window.

Playlist Generator only creates the playlists, it doesn't care about the time and doesn't do anything by itself.
I was thinking about this just before writing the post and you are right. The most appropriate place should be the planner

You are right the most appropriate place should be the planner. Multiple start dates for an event will be great, it's highly anticipated.
The interesting thing about this grid is being able to see "every hour of the week" together. The ADS grid shows where each spot is used one by one, it's a bit different than this. (It lacks an overview, like the picture.)

In this way, music is played hour by hour, and two PLGen events are avoided at the same time. (Although RadioBOSS has that possibility)

Playlist Generator already does it - it takes into account when tracks were played and also considers the tracks present in the playlist window.
I understand that RadioBOSS reads the last play for this.
But what about the artist repetition for example, does it take into account the log?

A couple more ideas:

This image would correspond to the "rotation" section in PLGen Pro.

-Categories can be established as "Proportional" which use categories with percentages. This is the chance to choose one category over another. Useful to emit categories very few times over another, with the same preset.

-The filters are applied on the rotation, with this a category can be used in another part of the rotation with a different filter

-Each category has an average hour, depending on the tracks that make it up. Very useful! As long as the tracks in a category are known, this could only be functional when the source is an internal DB, for example.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 224
But what about the artist repetition for example, does it take into account the log?
when it's 12 o'clock at night for example, do you read the previous day's replay log for this?

You are right the most appropriate place should be the planner. Multiple start dates for an event will be great, it's highly anticipated.
The interesting thing about this grid is being able to see "every hour of the week" together.
Yes, there were similar requests about it - show all events in a grid to have an overview of what starts when. I have added it to the feature list for the future. But there are some problems with mostly because events have Repeats and Hours and interleave with each other (e.g. main Music playlist can be loaded, then time announcement and ads events kick in).

In this way, music is played hour by hour, and two PLGen events are avoided at the same time. (Although RadioBOSS has that possibility)
This is one of the many possible ways. I know users who have a single playlist for whole day, or even a week. Some do day/night/evening playlists. Some have hourly playlists, or hourly playlists during the day and a separate night playlist. There are really many ways to have it configured that's why I see hour grid as a limitation compared to the complete freedom we have now :)

Yes, it uses this for all repeat protection rules, not only for track repeat protection. At least, it should. Did you see artists being repeated?

Categories can be established as "Proportional" which use categories with percentages. This is the chance to choose one category over another. Useful to emit categories very few times over another, with the same preset.
Yes, this is a good idea. I have scheduled it for RadioBOSS 6.2 so expect to see it soon. It'll be a special category type to do this.

Yes, there were similar requests about it - show all events in a grid to have an overview of what starts when. I have added it to the feature list for the future. But there are some problems with mostly because events have Repeats and Hours and interleave with each other (e.g. main Music playlist can be loaded, then time announcement and ads events kick in).
The key here may be to filter by group of events.
When putting together music rotation, advertising events is unnecessary.

In this case my idea is something like this.
Which internally could create a group of events, each event being one of the hours of the week.
On the other hand there are advertising events, in. not visible here.
And there is also the option to continue executing a preset normally from the scheduler, as before

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 2.png
    2.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 194
Yes, it uses this for all repeat protection rules, not only for track repeat protection. At least, it should. Did you see artists being repeated?
The last time it was generating playlists per hour and that's how it was. That was one of the reasons why I gave up on PLGen Pro.
I couldn't generate a playlist every hour without repeating artists and songs. (I wanted the new songs to be inserted at the next hour and therefore it was not possible to generate a full day).
But I was using a pc to generate playlist and another to broadcast, surely it was because the pc that generates playlist does not read the log of the air pc. (I didn't know that the log was used for that either)
Using the network log would be a nice addition, if this is possible.

Anothers simple request:
-Adding a column with the track number is quite useful.
As a general rule, approximately 16 songs are an hour and this is useful to build the preset
-RadioBOSS's playlist dragging method would be convenient for rotation

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 192
In this case my idea is something like this.
Which internally could create a group of events, each event being one of the hours of the week.
Yes, there are various ways, I'll note this for the future.

But I was using a pc to generate playlist and another to broadcast, surely it was because the pc that generates playlist does not read the log of the air pc. (I didn't know that the log was used for that either)
In this case you should use MySQL database which can be accesses from all computers. I've added this to the list of bugs just in case (check that artist repeat protection also works using the last played tag).

Anothers simple request:
-Adding a column with the track number is quite useful.
As a general rule, approximately 16 songs are an hour and this is useful to build the preset
-RadioBOSS's playlist dragging method would be convenient for rotation
Playlist uses a different control so the same dragging method in categories list won't be easy to add. About the number column, this should be added in one of the next updates.

Hi Dmitry, is there a chance for this in RB 6.2?
Thank you
We've started working on this, but it's still a long road - I think this will be ready in the next RB 6.3 release. With the new update subscription rules, we've decided for now to release major updates with less features, but more often.

Having a grid UI would also be possible in this case, it can be made similar to AdsScheduler.
Hello Dmitry,
Can we expect any of this in rb 6.4?
I would like to return to Playlist Gen Pro, but this, expanded repetition rules and proportional categories are essential.

PS: any approximation of the next beta date? :)

Proportional categories are most likely be added in 6.4, this feature is currently under development. The beta version will be available by the end of the year, I think.

It is interesting to see that all this is already a reality in this beta :)

Next week I will be leaving MusicMaster aside and returning to PLGen Pro after years. :cool: I was only using it in a small classics station.

I only need two rules in the future, which are not a priority but I would like you to confirm that they are on the roadmap.
For example: maximum 2 consecutive "slow" songs
Do not play track/artist within 10 minutes of it being played yesterday.

This was all discussed above, but I couldn't find the link.

I only need two rules in the future, which are not a priority but I would like you to confirm that they are on the roadmap.
For example: maximum 2 consecutive "slow" songs
Do not play track/artist within 10 minutes of it being played yesterday.
Both of those features are planned for the future. The first one will be a set of rules, where you configure constraints which tracks can not be put one after another. The second one is also on the list to be implemented, this will require more work (one of the problems here is that Palylist Generator will need to "know" when the playlist will start playing so it can check start times) - so it's for the next major update as well.
This version 7.0 has lots of internal changes (that's why it's not 6.4) and those changes will allow adding more features faster in the future.

Back