PLGen Pro: Redundant protection external playlist

nelson c

Dmitry,
We use a secondary PC to generate the playlist for each hour with PLGen Pro and mysql, but we often have repetition problems since at the time the playlist is generated (in the middle of the hour) there are songs that have not yet been played. This would be solved with redundant production if the playlists were generated on the same playback PC.
We thought about the solution of loading the playlist in the generation RB, but the playback starts and then it also modifies the number of plays and last play.
Perhaps PLGen Pro could "read" an external playlist (it would be the one from the previous hour) to take into account the repetition rules.

1710097131607.png

If those tracks have already played, this will be accounted in Last Played tag and this can be used for repeat protection (if you have enabled the "Use last played tag" option). You should use MySQL to make this data available on all computers: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/additional-information-storage.htm
I use MySQL on network with the lastplayed tag, and that works fine. The case is as follows:
The playlists are prepared 30 minutes in advance, so it often happens that the track that started the hour is one that was played after the playlist was generated. (In the next half hour). It is correct that it was repeated, since at the time of generating the playlist the track had not yet been played (It was queued on the playlist), and therefore the last played tag had not been modified.
For that there is a function that is to take into account the player, but this does not work on the network (for another RB instance).

I use MySQL on network with the lastplayed tag, and that works fine. The case is as follows:
The playlists are prepared 30 minutes in advance, so it often happens that the track that started the hour is one that was played after the playlist was generated. (In the next half hour). It is correct that it was repeated, since at the time of generating the playlist the track had not yet been played (It was queued on the playlist), and therefore the last played tag had not been modified.
For that there is a function that is to take into account the player, but this does not work on the network (for another RB instance).
It's strange. since something like this happens to me, on certain occasions. I have activated the option to take into account the tracks of the playlist, because a playlist of one hour is generated and this is generated 1 minute before 00 of each hour, to be loaded to the playlist window at 00 of each hour, but sometimes it uses the last track in the list (sometimes it plays, sometimes it doesn't) and selects it in the new generated playlist and makes it repeat. This doesn't always happen but it happens. In the last 15 days it has happened to me about 6 or 7 times.

It's strange. since something like this happens to me, on certain occasions. I have activated the option to take into account the tracks of the playlist, because a playlist of one hour is generated and this is generated 1 minute before 00 of each hour, to be loaded to the playlist window at 00 of each hour, but sometimes it uses the last track in the list (sometimes it plays, sometimes it doesn't) and selects it in the new generated playlist and makes it repeat. This doesn't always happen but it happens. In the last 15 days it has happened to me about 6 or 7 times.
Do you use a second PC to generate the lists?
The function you mention only works with the local instance, that is the problem.

Yes, correct. Currently I don't see a real solution for this - saving playlist and uploading it is not something many people will actually use. Maybe in the future we'll improve network operation, e.g. allow entering API credentials into Playlist Generator to make it retrieve playlist from a remote RadioBOSS installation.

ut sometimes it uses the last track in the list (sometimes it plays, sometimes it doesn't) and selects it in the new generated playlist and makes it repeat.
Maybe a track was not started yet when Playlist Generator already started creating a playlist, so it was not in the repeat protection buffer.

Maybe a track was not started yet when Playlist Generator already started creating a playlist, so it was not in the repeat protection buffer.
Yes, every time it happens it's because the song hasn't started yet. because as I said, the playlist is created with an interval of 1 minute to generate and load. So from what I see the last track that is between that last minute is always at risk of being selected again

Yes, every time it happens it's because the song hasn't started yet. because as I said, the playlist is created with an interval of 1 minute to generate and load. So from what I see the last track that is between that last minute is always at risk of being selected again
You should enable the option "Consider playlist tracks for repeat protection" in playlist generator's settings.

When we last tested it (some time ago was a similar report) this problem did not confirm, tracks in the playlist were properly considered. We'll check it again just in case.
It can depend on many factors. It almost never happened to me but as I adjusted repetition rules in the categories I think it has caused this problem to be repeated more frequently but as I say, it doesn't always happen but it does happen.

I tried this out but then it was on a single fast PC it would not generate the playlist for me to play it in the schedule. I presume the trick is to use another PC or use what author suggested to do this behind RB to use PLGen Pro. I will have to investigate that as it sounds interesting. But I haven't found it get on google.

Back