Crossfades: "Trigger mix at" without "Mix point"?

jaypea500

basically, I'd like the crossfade to trigger on audio level only, ignoring the "mix point" setting. right now, I'm having issues with the "mix point" interacting with the "trigger mix at" parameter. it seems no matter how I set the two parameters, the results aren't what I'm expecting. the crossfade is still affected by the "mix point" setting. it'll happen either too early or too late regardless of the "trigger mix at" setting. especially for songs that end cold.

if it is not possible to do now, perhaps in the next version or update (hence placing this in "Feature Requests").

...joe

With "Trigger Mix" option enabled, the "Mix point" setting determines the minimal mixing duration (in case when track's level is high till the end, to ensure it's mixed). You should also check using Track Tool if tracks have MIX point set - this takes precedence over global crossfade settings.

Thanks for the reply.

So, basically, if i set the Trigger Mix to, let's say -40db, and the Mix point is 10sec, the Mix will occur at the -40db level, and the fade will take UP TO 10sec depending on how much audio is left in the file? Ex: the Mix triggers at -40, and the fade takes 3sec because that's what's left in that particular file? And if the song has a cold ending (no fade), the Mix occurs immediately at the end of the song?

I ask because I want the fade to be a "natural" fade, the way the song was produced. I also want cold endings to trigger the mix immediately. IOW, I don't want the fade to be affected by time at all. My former automation software had this as an option and it was perfect for the "soft rock/oldies" format I broadcast.

Track Tool being able to set the mixes individually per song is intriguing. But my format has almost 6000 songs in the on-air library. So setting each one would be a monumental task. Hence the need for global Trigger mixing.

So, basically, if i set the Trigger Mix to, let's say -40db, and the Mix point is 10sec, the Mix will occur at the -40db level, and the fade will take UP TO 10sec depending on how much audio is left in the file?
In this case it will check, from track's ending, where music level starts to be above -40dB. This will be the mixing point. If it happens to be less than 10 seconds till the track's end, it will be set at 10 seconds.

Fade out is a separate thing, it can either occur when mixing starts, or at some other point, depending on the settings.

I don't want the fade to be affected by time at all.
Fade out is controlled separately. You can turn it off if you don't need it, e.g. in cases when tracks are already faded out and use only mix point.

Back