Custum encoder (alac)

Kevin H

Hello djsoft users.

I would like to start using custom encoders for alac (lossless).
I've already downloaded several files but I can't get it to work.

Anyone tips?
And maybe a zip or rar with the right codec that works :)

Thanks for the help in advance!

Hi DJ Soft,
Could you offer a little more specific help with this?
I have no idea about ffmpeg otherwise I would have streamed via ffmpeg :) that is why radiocaster and radioboss.
I bought both.
Alac is lossless and would be a nice addition to flac.

I did see that there is ffmpeg in the radioboss & radiocaster.
I've tried everything but it doesn't work.
Is just the file under plugins enough of alac? the .dll.

A little more help would be nice or someone who can add to this?

My thanks would be great :)
:)

You should download FFMpeg (Windows version) and place it somewhere. Then use it in RadioBOSS in the custom encoders section https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/custom-encoders.htm

The command line should look like this (not tested), change <path> to the actual dir where ffmpeg is.
Code:
<path>\ffmpeg.exe -loglevel -8 -f s16le -ac {Channels} -ar {SampleRate} -i - -c:a alac -

Please do not use the ffmpeg.exe included in RadioBOSS, it's a customized version that will not work for your purpose.

I'm sorry I can't offer any real assistance because FFMpeg and other 3rd party encoders are not our products, you should probably contact their authors or read the docs to get more detailed help.

If you use FFMp3g, the part required by RadioBOSS is marked in bold (please also note the last dash):
<path>\ffmpeg.exe -loglevel -8 -f s16le -ac {Channels} -ar {SampleRate} -i - -c:a alac -

The -f, -ac, -ar parameters configure input stream format, -i - and - at the end instruct it to read/write from stdin, -loglevel prevents any log messages in the stream. You should leave those as is. The -c:a part sets the codec. You probably need to also set the container for the stream, e.g. -f adts (however I'm not sure what container should be used for ALAC)

Dear Djsoft,
Alac had been helpful because of the quality. flac stream is 1500kbps too heavy and then maybe not stable. Fraunhofer's mp3 is this option easier?
This codec is also there good.

Dear Djsoft,
Alac had been helpful because of the quality. flac stream is 1500kbps too heavy and then maybe not stable. Fraunhofer's mp3 is this option easier?
Thijs codec

Alac had been helpful because of the quality. flac stream is 1500kbps too heavy and then maybe not stable.
You can make it work with FFMpeg I'm sure. However, because it's lossless, I don't think the resulting bitrate will be much lower (if any) than the FLAC's 1500kbps.

RadioBOSS uses LAME implementation of mp3 encoding, so the quality should be good. By the way, AAC+ at the same bitrate as MP3 will offer you a better quality. AAC/AAC+ at 128kbps (or larger) is considered to be "transparent" meaning that quality does not degrade much as a result of the compression.

I myself tried to relay it to the FM audio processor, it's better to choose FLAC or OPUS 320, but AAC 128 and MP3 320 don't really matter because the final result will still be processed in the audio processor (like in Omnia or Beakaway)

We hebben verschillende studio's die naar de hoofdserver lopen. van daaruit gaat het de orban in. mp3 128 van fraunhofer. Bij voorkeur geen lossy codecs. het beste is flac lossless in de orban. verwerkt geluid in plaats van voor de processor.

Back