Delay on voice

Hi.

I know this topic has been discussed before. Sorry to bring it up again.

We are streaming on line with RadioBOSS.

Could you give me some clues how to get rid of that half-second echo on the microphone-in button. I listen back to the programme in my headphones (both music and talk), and hear myself back half a second later...a bit off putting.

I have tried clicking the 'disable local playback' button, but then that actually removes the microphone from the streamed broadcast.

I have tried an ordinary mic through an analogue mixer, as well as a USB mixer, and a USB microphone. No joy.

I am using the Push to Talk feature.

Thanks for your advice with this. Kind regards :)

James,

The "disable local echo" removes microphone from the speakers, but if you use the Broadcast feature - MIC will be included in the stream.

To remove echo you should use ASIO input and playback. WASAPI may also work if you use lower buffer sizes. Note that both input and playback devices should use either WASAPI or ASIO, this way you'll get the minimum possible lag.

Or use RB + Mixer and Record and/or Broadcast to a second sound card (Line.IN).
We use RB + Mixer in week-days and only RB (without Mixer) in week-end.

Yes, using a hardware mixer is another solution :) But when MIC is processed by RB and you need to remove the latency, ASIO is the way to go.

djsoft said:
Yes, using a hardware mixer is another solution :) But when MIC is processed by RB and you need to remove the latency, ASIO is the way to go.
In solution with the Mixer the MIC is not processed by RB.

In my home solution (only internet broadcasting) I use Behringer Microphone with a Soundcraft Compact 10 Mixer from AUX to mic sound card: processed by RB (Output to encoders only is ON), Wasapi, record by URL, but I don't hear any delay in my recorded talk show. Why some PC's have delay with MIC ?

If you have "Output to encoders only" checked, then delay and latency doesn't matter because you don't hear yourself... The latency is a problem when you talk and hear yourself back, this way if latency if high enough (200+ ms), it starts to bother.

djsoft said:
If you have "Output to encoders only" checked, then delay and latency doesn't matter because you don't hear yourself... The latency is a problem when you talk and hear yourself back, this way if latency if high enough (200+ ms), it starts to bother.
You're right! My solution for that isssue is Mixer. Microphone go out through AUX in mic of main sound card. From the speakers of the PC go in Mixer Channel, but I do not return it in PC's main sound card (becouse of the audio feedback - delay).
And I listen what I speak (and what plays in RB) from Monitor Out of the Mixer (or Headphone of the Mixer).

Back