Does RadioBOSS prevent same tracks being played without using no repeat?

eddr

Hello,

I think I could of phrased the subject better but let me explain what I am trying to do and hopefully someone can tell me the best way...

We are planning on having single tunes played at different times of the day, but once a day we may want to play from a selection of mixes which can be 60 - 90 minutes each. Whats the best way to prevent the same mixes being played every day? Let's say we have 10 mixes and there's roughly a 3 hour slot where the mixes play. The next day (or when the playlist gets played next) we would like to ensure the mixes which were played recently are not selected to be played. Eventually all the mixes will be played and it should then start again from the beginning of them.

I suppose to put it simply: How can we create a playlist whereby the tracks which were played most recently are given low priority?

Thanks in advance

If you use Track List http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_track_list.htm to select tracks, then they will not be repeated - it will use all tracks from the source before it starts selecting the same tracks. This is what happens when you do not have any repeat protection rules enabled (the rules allow you to prevent artist repeats in addition).

Hello,

Thanks for letting me know - I'm not sure my explanation came across how I meant it to though. We want to prevent the same mixes being played "today" that may have been played "yesterday" during the period where we play these mixes - almost as if, the last played time needs to be taken into consideration some how?

Edd

RadioBOSS doesn't check if a track is played at the same time but on different days.

But there are still two possible solutions:

1. Simple. Use an event with "Multiple actions" - e.g. 3-4 actions that are Track Lists (select "Play one track from a playlist or folder" option in the Wizard). It should select different tracks every day.

2. Better. Use an event that generates the playlist, see the Playlist Generator: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_playlist_generator_pro.htm - you can set up priority rules that will lower the priority for tracks that were played recently, plus it also allows to select multiple tracks to fill the desired duration. Please let me know if you need more information on this.

Hello,

Thanks for the solutions - I think the Playlist generator with priorities is as you say, the better solution. We will go with this  ;D Should be ok doing this.

As always, thanks a lot.

Back