(E-1) cannot start broadcasting (output 1) Error-1 (no description)

Hello!
Occasionally, we get the error "(E-1) cannot start broadcasting (output 1) Error-1 (no description)" indicating that we're not able to connect to our stream server. When this happens, RadioBOSS generates the same error every 70 seconds until we simply manually connect to the server and all seems fine. The larger problem is that we aren't notified by RadioBOSS that this error is occurring, even thought we have all notifications turned on. If we're not watching the RadioBOSS log, this can go on for hours or even days without resolving itself. Please advise. Thank you!

Error message means that it's unable to connect to the server because another source is already connected to the server.

Error message means that it's unable to connect to the server because another source is already connected to the server.
Yeah, I imagine it's conflicting with itself :) would be nice if it was investigated - happens rarely for us but it DOES happen

It can't connect more than once unless you have added the same encoder twice in RadioBOSS streaming settings.

Well it's happened, and we only have one encoder. Like I said it happens rarely, but it happens 🤷‍♂️
None of the other users ever reported it and we also don't see how it can be possible at all. Seems like this is something specific to your situation.

None of the other users ever reported it and we also don't see how it can be possible at all. Seems like this is something specific to your situation.
There's two users reporting it in this thread.

I don't understand why you guys are so quick to blame users here rather than listen to feedback from paying customers.

This was thoroughly tested, it's not possible that it conflicts with itself, resulting in "error -1". Only if you have configured two encoders with the same settings, this can do it. But I can assure you, there's no bug. The "source already connected" is one of the possible (and the most common) reasons for the "-1" error, but there could be other reasons. You should check the server logs to see why it rejects the connection.

I also had the same error message the past few days, i switched back to icecast 2.4.x instead of the 2.5 version, it's seems that, even if only 1 encoder is set up ( and i know definitely what i'm doing), icecast 2.5 is the stubborn part....

Well it's happened, and we only have one encoder. Like I said it happens rarely, but it happens 🤷‍♂️
Hello, have u found a solution? The internet is fine with a minimum upload speed of 50mbps & paid server is fine too on my test trial, any update plz let us know, Thank you

Last edited:
Back