Either shoutcast v2.6.1 for radioboss cloud instead of icecast, or your own monitization program

Hello,
I would love to see either one of these two things happen. 1. enable shoutcast v2.6.1 so we can be listed in the shoutcast directory and participate in their monitization program. Right now, all I see are Icecast versions, but it would be good to be able to use Shoutcast, but still take advantage of all the great features offered by Radioboss Cloud.

2. If this is not possible, and completely out of the question, then it would be good if you all had a similar monitization program that would allow for server side ad injection based on location as well as station language. You could do proffit sharing, or something like that.
I don't really care which one of these you choose, but would love to see one of them implemented. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

1. We won't add Shoutcast, there are many reasons for it - both technical and legal.

2. This is a totally new area for us, honestly I don't think this is going to happen any time soon.

Ok, can you explain more on the technical and legal reasons? So far as I know, the shoutcast v2.6.1 is now free, and has already been added to Centova and other similar platforms. I have no desire to go back to centova after experiencing what your service offers, but I would think that if they can add/enable it, you should be able to do the same.

Ok, can you explain more on the technical and legal reasons? So far as I know, the shoutcast v2.6.1 is now free
It was free, then it was not free for some use cases (like if you need more bitrate you need to pay), what will happen in the future no onw knows. It's controlled by Radionomy and they can do whatever they want. It didn't support HTTPS for a long time. We have experienced various issues with server stability (Icecast is much more stable). So I'm sorry but we won't be doing Shoutcast again - way too much hassle for us.

Okay, thanks for the explanation. I completely understand your reasoning. Like I said, I would love for us to have a way to monetize our streams, but completely understand your reasoning of not wanting to use Shoutcast. Thanks anyway for taking the time to go in to further detail.

Back