Enable Stereo Tool Bimp from Radioboss Virtual Audiocard

HMMMM

I have the Bimp as pat as StereoTool and would like to now ow to cannel the sound from cart and Auto Intro to output to a channel or sound card that Sterio Tool can use to process separate vocals on . I am pretty sure I can add # jingles , PFL and #cart wall sounds to a different sound card . It also has an option to output to create virtual sound cards

c8139077913698502b9999bbc8bbc9aa.png

This is great but I cant find this virtual sound cards in StereoTool . Has anyone any method to all this to function . Thankyou

This is great but I cant find this virtual sound cards in StereoTool . Has anyone any method to all this to function . Thankyou
Virtual cards are like any other cards, and you should be able to see them in StereoTool too, maybe you should contact their support about why some devices are not visible.

Ok I got the
Input selected by creating a virtual card which i could only get into the input by gong to System>>Sound, then more settings

Which opened this screen :
80e294d4ac92a01bf36aa340c2796e7d.png

However the recording object shows volume on it . I noted that the Auto Intro does not have an output option and does not share Jingle or Cart Wall Output . How can then i put this in this sound output please Dimitri too but it didnt send it to the DSP. I am a bit out of my depth, but should this not work? I understand the Auto Intro does not have separate monitor, but could this be added?

950bf87a913559b7492e9c71770ab65d.png
ea694d76aba33cfeee3d1d858e06dcdf.png

Ok I found by removing the top mic button audio setting and setting it to default. If I have the mic pressed it will play a cart wall if its on input 1 through DSP without compression . Yay!!!!!!. Which is better as the voice sounds awful compressed . I there a way to do this with the Auto Intro Please? I have had to balance the cart volume in file types but its much clearer keeping the compression on music .

Last edited:
I noted that the Auto Intro does not have an output option and does not share Jingle or Cart Wall Output
Auto Intro is mixed into the music track, and is outputted to Main/Monitor sound cards - where the main playlist plays. Currently there's no way to prevent Auto Intro being processed my main DSP. This will probably change in the future.

Well the 'Auto Intro' sounds awful and quite frankly is unusable with a DSP as you stated it is mixed into audio track so is the cart and jingle if you don't specify a different output source while the others now are of studio quality this should be of a high priority as it ruins the sounds quality of your software when run through a DSP . Please provide a fix ASAP otherwise this renders Auto Intro unusable and a waste of your development time including it. I suggest you remove it if its not going to get any solution from your product. Before others waste resources doing this for offline times .

I will post a clip of how crap this Sounds for you all hear tomorrow as it not worth using Auto Intro !!!!!!
As you will be wasting your time currently as Dmitri has no plans to fix this which is a real shame as Iknow lots of broadcast companies that use this in night service.

Sorry but have invested a lot of time with Auto Intro and it sucks and is frustrating when you hit a dead end where it can't be used because there is currently know way of it being processed by DSP which makes no sense at all. As if this was true it would be the same for the Jingles and Cart Wall that now have their own output leaving the main track to have a volume reduction when they are activated. Is this because this is more akin to a scheduled sound clips is there no way to remove this from the DSP either and no plans to fix that situation?

I am hoping you are reconsidering what you said Dimitri and will improve all of the bits you have added on to studio quality.

Auto Intro unusable and a waste of your development time including it. I suggest you remove it if its not going to get any solution from your product. Before others waste resources doing this for offline times .
It's not that bad actually. If you don't have heavy DSP processing then it's not a problem for Auto Intro. Also, as I said previously, we plan on adding more control over where the audio is routed, this will allow finer control over where DSP is applied.

Well I have written to Stereo Tool as you don't seem concerned by this problem "I cannot get the DSP to not process vocal in compression Radio Boss inform me that its part of the music stream so they cannot send it to a different card or port that BIMP can use. Is the only way to remove these effects on the music that interfere with speech?"

Also this other problem is happening with Bluetooth speakers
d36e09067d3ef9b35b652234a73c2e74.png

https://gyazo.com/d36e09067d3ef9b35b652234a73c2e74
"

Well I have written to Stereo Tool as you don't seem concerned by this problem "I cannot get the DSP to not process vocal in compression Radio Boss inform me that its part of the music stream so they cannot send it to a different card or port that BIMP can use. Is the only way to remove these effects on the music that interfere with speech?"
Stereo Tool developers won't be able to fix it, it must be done from within RadioBOSS - it's planned for the next major update.

Also this other problem is happening with Bluetooth speakers
You will see this error message when BT device is selected as Main device for RadioBOSS, but device is disconnected, or it's connected but for some reason different device id was assigned to it by Windows.

1) Yes but its only affecting RB and states device is connected with same name as it was before. but still RB creates this error shown in image in regard to main sound card

4b3d7b3bdbabd9a11703b0f6ebee99b6.png

84393dc215ed01388d74304f2b953e94.png

2) In regard to Auto Intro. I have now had a look at it and it seems unusable to use a microphone with your new DSP features. Firstly, to allow RB to create this output of #cart Wall and #jingle not currently Auto Intro, as an input this ties up the only default input on Windows that could have been used for a microphone to send the signals from #Jingles and #cartwall into the microphone DSP. As such this seems flawed as you can no longer use the microphone. We have the tried to purchase a Alto Professional Bluetooth Ultimate to put a microphone on Bluetooth but it is not clear if this will be available on an input as the default input is set to the Virtual Soundcard and is no longer on a port as such that Sound Tool or RB can use!

d251e78efb4e773aa5ede6ceb6cfcc02.png

A way forward would be to set this mic device or port to this same port and bypass its existing port unless you provide main sound card. Currently this is not possible with the only default input on windows being used being used!

Last edited:
Also as you can see when this Alto Professional is on it appears as a headphones that need to be channelled as an input I am not sure this is possible as there seem no input to place it on !

Attachments

• caf4a2deeac73fa6b5a1de7f3d0ba12b.png
    caf4a2deeac73fa6b5a1de7f3d0ba12b.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 103
1) Yes but its only affecting RB and states device is connected with same name as it was before. but still RB creates this error shown in image in regard to main sound card
RadioBOSS searches devices by IDs, as Windows assigns them. Using device name is not reliable because it's quite often when there are several devices with the same name.

but it is not clear if this will be available on an input as the default input is set to the Virtual Soundcard and is no longer on a port as such that Sound Tool or RB can use!
Default device is set in Window. When you select "Default" option in RadioBOSS it uses Windows's default device.

Ok Microsoft said they have only one input port switchable to another with only one active at a time .

I think I am going to have to invest in an expensive mixer to get signals in and out of the new pc not a cheep one that does it on USb I have been recomended focusrite scarlett 18i20 3rd gen usb-audio interface does anyone have any experience of these working ?

On the matter with regard to processing XML into SQL which i cant find the thread I had to write bespoke reader in PHP to try get round limitations of the site i was on its not perfect but is almost there:

if(!isset($conn)) {$conn=null;}
function OpenSQL( $conn,$sql_string, $type,$id){
$servername = "";
$username = "";
$password="";
$dbname = "";

if($conn == null) {
for ($i = 1; $i < 50; $i++) {
try {
$options = array(
PDO::ATTR_ERRMODE => PDO::ERRMODE_SILENT,
PDO::ATTR_PERSISTENT => true,
);
$conn = new PDO( "mysql:host=$servername;dbname=$dbname", $username, $password, $options );
if($type == 0)
{
$result = $conn->query($sql_string); // Use query as we are returning records.

} else if($type == 1) {
$conn->prepare($sql_string) ->execute([$id]);
$result = null;
} else {
if($type == 2) {
$conn->exec($sql_string);
$result = null;
}
}
$i=51;
return $result;
} catch (PDOException $e) {
usleep(0.55); // wait for system
$conn=null;
}
}
ReturnError(-500," Could not open PDO connection.");
} else {
if($type == 0)
{
$result = $conn->query($sql_string); // Use query as we are returning records.
} else
{
if($type == 1 ) {
$conn->prepare($sql_string) ->execute([$id]);
$result = null;
} else {
if($type == 2) {
$conn->exec($sql_string);
$result = null;
}
}
}