Encoding quality emprovement

Christian

Hi,

Is there any option to modify, improve mp3 encoding? At 128kb/s it does not sound as good as it should.
Is there a way to modify Lame settings? Even if it requires more CPU.
Same question fore aac+, I have listen to better sounding on other station at same bitrate, ie 40kb/s.

Thanks
Christian

This one  :) :

http://tcup.pl/fenix/flash/audio_conversion.html

What settings for lame and aac+ do you want to use? The possibility to modify encoders command line can be added in one of the next updates.

No so sure actually.
  The thing is I tried Lame my itself and found encoding sound better than through RB (streaming or archive file is the same).
to me RB encoding at 128kb sounds like lame encoding at 80kb/s!!!
There is a -q parameter but not sure it's the only parameter involved !

I am streamint at 192b/s to get a very good quality. But I am sure there is a way to get better sounding for the 128kb/s stting.
For the aac+, I listened to a stereo stream at 24kb/s that was live encoded but by a hardware not software. The sound was amazing ! close to what I get at 64kb/s.  Is here a way to improve aac+ encoding also ?

Christian

Christian

Christian said:
No so sure actually.
  The thing is I tried Lame my itself and found encoding sound better than through RB (streaming or archive file is the same).
to me RB encoding at 128kb sounds like lame encoding at 80kb/s!!!
There is a -q parameter but not sure it's the only parameter involved !
RB also uses Lame - can you please tell me which command line parameters you were using?

Christian said:
For the aac+, I listened to a stereo stream at 24kb/s that was live encoded but by a hardware not software. The sound was amazing ! close to what I get at 64kb/s.  Is here a way to improve aac+ encoding also ?
RB sound @ 24kbps AAC+ is pretty good IMO. There were complains in the past, but it was improved since then. Do you have a link to that 24kbps stream?

mp3: I tested through winlame actually using specific setting, CBR and high quality.
aac+: I had the opotunity to listen to Omnia.S4 encoding at 24kb/s http://www.sound4.biz/products/sound4%20x8/sound4%20x8%20applications.htm

Christian

Hi there,

we also would like to suggest the implementation of Fraunhofer mp3 codec which is supposed to be better than LAME. The extra licence fees for this codec would be worth for us.

Cheers
Tom

We'll do something about it in the next update. Thanks everyone for suggestions!

Back