Live feed format to Radioboss Cloud

radioena

I am encoding on Radioboss Cloud into 4 formats. Mp3 @ 256kbps, AAC @ 256kbps, Ogg Vorbis @ 256kbps and Aac+ @ 64kbps. What format should the feed up to the cloud be ideally for transcoding purposes and retention as much as possible of frequency range across all formats? ie mp3, aac or some other. Need metadata, so Flac may not be an option also high bandwidth may not make it stable.

AAC (not AAC+) at bitrates higher than 192kbps will do. FLAC is also suitable - RadioBOSS sends metadata with FLAC too.

AAC (not AAC+) at bitrates higher than 192kbps will do. FLAC is also suitable - RadioBOSS sends metadata with FLAC too.
Thank you Dmitry. I have found FLAC doesn't seem to send to cloud, or cloud can't read. My Metadata is a mixture of English & Greek and encoded as UTF8.

Further, metadata in FLAC seems to work as a pull action, ie set broadcasting encoder as "internal server" and streaming from that..but in a pull scenario, ie sending to server (in this case sending to Radioboss Cloud) the metadata does not show.

Thank you Dmitry. I have found FLAC doesn't seem to send to cloud, or cloud can't read. My Metadata is a mixture of English & Greek and encoded as UTF8.
In this case you can use AAC 256 kbps, according to tests, it doesn't corrupt the sound much (and in some cases it provides "lossless" result).

Back