Expiration Feature

Shameer

Hello Dimitri,
Me again with another feature request.
Would it be possible to add an expiration feature for file types like say Commercial
so that after a given date a commercial will automatically be removed from the commercial  category, so that no one will play an expired commercial even if its in an old playlist being reused it will be skipped.

Regards
Shameer Ali

I don't think it's possible because program is designed to allow any track in the playlist to be played. This is to avoid potential problems, when you see tracks in the playlist and they got skipped for some non-obvious reason (eg. expiration). Features like this are dangerous and usually produce a lot of support requests :)

You can try using Advertisement Scheduler: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/advertisement_scheduler.htm - it can be configured to automatically remove expired commercials.

Thanks Dimitry,
Hope one day this will be possible haven't crossed it off my wish list as yet .
The reason i made the request is because unlike stations in the us stations they are stations who do not adhere to a specific spot clock break, commercials are played based on available time and optimized for financial benefits and spots are inserted by the on air talent not scheduled, in our case during automated hours our spots are built into the playlist.

Regards
Shameer Ali 

An idea: you can name commercials using the expiration date, so when someone inserts them into the playlist, he/she will see if a track is expired or not.

Currently I don't think something like this will be implemented in the software, as this feature is too specific and won't be widely used... sorry.

Back