revisitting an Accessibility feature request

Hello,
I know I brought this up at one point, but can't find the thread where I mentioned it, so figured I would post again, and see if this has been given any more consideration. It is specifically a feature for those of us who use a screen reader, though others might find it useful too. It would be nice to have a short alarm, like a beep of some sort, play on a specific sound card, (not the primary one where our music is playing) when we approach the end of a track. I know how to find the area where it shows what's on air, and time remaining. But, there are times when multi tasking, that I had planned to say something on air, and missed my chance because I thought I still had more time.
I got the idea for this feature from an addon for the NVDA screen reader created for another broadcast software. Since I don't have the programming knowledge to make a plugin, and honestly a separate NVDA plugin isn't needed, since Radioboss is so accessible, it would be nice if you could just implement this one feature. If you want, just mmake it work under accessibility mode. The user should be able to define the number of seconds before track ends that the alarm sounds. This would be really helpful, since we wouldn't have to spend so much time tabbing around between the "on air" box and the playlist area. Since we often have to do so many other things at the same time we are broadcasting, it would be really nice to have this audio cue so that if we do plan to say something on air between songs, we have a bit of warning and can be ready.

Thank you for the suggestion. I think we can add it as an option, when accessibility mode is enabled, to play this sound using the Preview device.

Back