Extra features request for the Voice Track

Christian

Hi,

I just stated playing with the voice track tool, and it's GREAT!  :D
But, when there is a new feature, I always want more  ;) So here are two suggestions:

- I sometime record long voice track, let say longer that normal Outro + Intro. So that it would be great to be able to specify somewere a track that would be use as a bed for the voicetrack right after the end of the outro of the first track and the begining of the intro of the second track. This would only be played when needed, ie when playing a long voice track.

- Second thought. I like having the station name or short jingle played sometime on track right before the vocal starts. I currently edit the song and mix the station name and saves it. That would save me time if the Voice Track feature would be capable of doing that automaticaly for me.
The actual way that Voice Track works is that it starts at Outro time of first track and plays over the Intro of the second track but may not reach the "Intro Time" if Voice Track is short!
In that case the file sould be played on the intro of the second track so that the end of that type of Voice Track matches exactly the end of the Intro (Intro time). Doest it make sence  ???

Christian
http://www.clubbingstation.com

I would also use that feature on specific tracks that I play regularly like: "The Classic of the week", "The hot new release", ...
It can also be usefull when playing ranking on a countdown ...

I currently use a trick to do that.
1 - I create a file that starts with a short signal at -20Db followed by a 4 seconds blank and finally the desired message let say the Station Name. The short signal is suppose not to be heard but force RB to start playing the file at the begining and not to skip the blank.
2 - I create a specific file type for that file and specify the mix point at the duration of the file. I also fixe the playback for that file type at +2dB

What RB does is :
At the end of first track it starts playing the "Station Name" file but also immediately starts playing next track because mix point = "Station Name" file duration
You can only hear the second track for 4 first seconds than the station name has it is louder. The sound processor garanties that the mix is smooth.

Christian

Christian said:
- I sometime record long voice track, let say longer that normal Outro + Intro. So that it would be great to be able to specify somewere a track that would be use as a bed for the voicetrack right after the end of the outro of the first track and the begining of the intro of the second track. This would only be played when needed, ie when playing a long voice track.
Some kind of a background music for voice tracks, when first track already ended and second hadn't started yet?

Christian said:
- Second thought. I like having the station name or short jingle played sometime on track right before the vocal starts. I currently edit the song and mix the station name and saves it. That would save me time if the Voice Track feature would be capable of doing that automaticaly for me.
The actual way that Voice Track works is that it starts at Outro time of first track and plays over the Intro of the second track but may not reach the "Intro Time" if Voice Track is short!
That's right. I think we should add an option like "voice track alignment" so it'll place voice track closer to first track outro (as it is now) or second track intro - as you requested. Currently it's planned for RadioBOSS 4.7.2 but may be moved to 4.7.3... Not sure yet.

Christian said:
I would also use that feature on specific tracks that I play regularly like: "The Classic of the week", "The hot new release", ...
It can also be usefull when playing ranking on a countdown ...

I currently use a trick to do that.
1 - I create a file that starts with a short signal at -20Db followed by a 4 seconds blank and finally the desired message let say the Station Name. The short signal is suppose not to be heard but force RB to start playing the file at the begining and not to skip the blank.
2 - I create a specific file type for that file and specify the mix point at the duration of the file. I also fixe the playback for that file type at +2dB

What RB does is :
At the end of first track it starts playing the "Station Name" file but also immediately starts playing next track because mix point = "Station Name" file duration
You can only hear the second track for 4 first seconds than the station name has it is louder. The sound processor garanties that the mix is smooth.
A new feature, "do not mix beginning of the track" will be added in the next release. It was actually planned for the 4.7.0 release, but it didn't for several reasons... This feature should simple the things for you :) (at least no need to add silence at the beginning of track).

Very, very interesting!
What about a tutorial? It will be great.

The documentation for Voice Tracking feature will be created as soon as the feature will be implemented completely.

In two words, use Playlist->Record voice track and Playlist->Insert voice track to record and insert voice tracks to the playlist. In the Track Tool you should set the Intro/Outro points for tracks.

When in the playlist you have
Track1
VoiceTrack
Track2

The voice track will play between Track1 outro and Track2 intro.

There are many plans for the future on enhancing the feature - automatically add voice tracks for specified artists ("hello I'm ... and you're listening to ..."), adding background music for voicetracks, ...

djsoft said:
The documentation for Voice Tracking feature will be created as soon as the feature will be implemented completely.

In two words, use Playlist->Record voice track and Playlist->Insert voice track to record and insert voice tracks to the playlist. In the Track Tool you should set the Intro/Outro points for tracks.

When in the playlist you have
Track1
VoiceTrack
Track2

The voice track will play between Track1 outro and Track2 intro.

There are many plans for the future on enhancing the feature - automatically add voice tracks for specified artists ("hello I'm ... and you're listening to ..."), adding background music for voicetracks, ...
That's great!

Hi Dmitry,

Will the "voice track alignment" and "voice track musical bed" be available in next release?

Christian

The new voice tracking features are implemented but will not be included in the RadioBOSS 4.7.3 release because there of some bugs... It goes to the next 4.7.4 update.

Back