[Facebook Live] Facebook Live streaming with RadioBOSS

hola para los tama?os en facebook ... va depende del tama?o del logo. si tenes un logo de  tama?o 1280x720 esa sera la calidad del tama?o otro ejemplo en mi caso.... uso un tama?o de imagen de  640x480 y esa es el tama?o y calidad de subida en el facebook

hello for sizes on facebook ... it depends on the size of the logo. if you have a logo of 1280x720 size that will be the quality of the size another example in my case .... I use an image size of 640x480 and that is the size and quality of upload on facebook

Hi, I have followed all the steps correctly for facebook live stream of my Radio Boss Broadcast with my player on, but still I am having this error "Cannot start encoder for broadcasting (output 2). Error code: 2". please help? Thank you.

;) Thank you, in fact, I have put the ffmpeg.exe file in a directory name ffmpeg and omitted the directory path. But one more thing I want to know, is it possible to have a moving image in terms of GIF or AVI for facebook live image to display on the page when going live. I have tried both but it did not work, any alternative for any video image. Thank you for your valuable information. ;) ;) ;) ;D

I suppose you need to read ffmpeg docs to see what you can do. It can encode a series of images into video or use a video file instead of still image.

radio maran said:
Is it possible to broadcast live on YouTube like Facebook?
Technically, yes, the configuration will be the same as in this example for Facebook.

Good afternoon guys. Does this method of broadcasting to Facebook work with Windows XP? I have tried, but it generates an error in the coding, and it does not allow me to do it. It only works with Windows 7 or 10 for me.

Mike Spencer said:
Good afternoon guys. Does this method of broadcasting to Facebook work with Windows XP? I have tried, but it generates an error in the coding, and it does not allow me to do it. It only works with Windows 7 or 10 for me.
We did not test it. Probably, it will not work as it uses FFMpeg that was not compiled to support Windows XP.

The guide shows how to create a Facebook Live stream using RadioBOSS. The stream will consist of a static image (e.g. radio station logo) and audio from what is playing in RadioBOSS.

Install FFMpeg
1. Download FFMpeg from https://www.ffmpeg.org (you will need Windows build) or use the file hosted on our server: https://dl.djsoft.net/ffmpeg.zip
2. Unpack FFMpeg archive. In the example we'll use C:\ffmpeg location.

Get Facebook Live streaming credentials
1. Visit https://www.facebook.com/live/create and click the Create live stream option.
2. It is recommended to enable the "Use a persistent stream key" option to prevent stream key from changing on each broadcast.
c. The Server URL and Persistent Stream Key will be needed for the next step

Create custom encoder in RadioBOSS
1. Open Settings and navigate to Broadcasting. Click the Advanced button and then click theCustom encoders button.
2. In the custom encoders window click the + button, name the encoder ("FB Live" in the example) and enter the following command:

Change the path_to_image part to actual image location, e.g. C:\radio\background.jpg

Change the stream part to Server URL and Persistent Stream Key, following each other. For instance,
Server URL is rtmp://live-api-s.facebook.com:80/rtmp/
Persistent Stream Key is 10204966136309946?ds=1&s_sw=0&s_vt=api-s&a=AbwYXNiE0zQsjgJY
The stream would be
Code:
rtmp://live-api-s.facebook.com:80/rtmp/10204966136309946?ds=1&s_sw=0&s_vt=api-s&a=AbwYXNiE0zQsjgJY

The example of how the final command would look like:

Start streaming
1. Add new encoder in RadioBOSS. Enter [IA]:8000:50 to the Server field.
2. At the bottom, select the "FB Live" encoder. Make sure the rest of the settings are at their defaults: sample rate is 44100, channels - stereo, bitrate - 128 kbps. Click OK.
3. Start music playback in RadioBOSS.

On successful connection, the report in the bottom-left corner will show the following message: Connected to server! (output N). and the stream will be available on the Facebook live page.

The Facebook page should now show the image and play audio (it can be muted by default on the facebook page).
Can you show how to set radioboss to connect to mixcloud live, it uses rmtp and a stream key system. I have no idea how to do it

I try it but have this error, I don t understand.

Encoder closed (output 9) - possibly unsupported format. Restarting...

You need to ensure the streaming format (for both video and audio) is set correctly.

Thanks, could you put an example string to verify that mine has an error? this is mine ...

C:\fmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -r 30 -loop 1 -i "C:\radiologo.jpg" -f s16le -ac {Channels} -ar {SampleRate} -i - -c: a aac -b: a 128k -c: v h264 -b: v 768k -g 60 -f flv

The example is located in the first post: https://www.djsoft.net/community/threads/facebook-live-facebook-live-streaming-with-radioboss.5777/

You can try opening command line and input the command there to see if it shows any errors (change {Channels} to 2 and {SampleRate} to 44100).
I put in the command line C:\fmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -r 30 -loop 1 -i "C:\aic\free.jpg" -f s16le -ac 2 -ar 44100 -i - -c: a aac -b: a 128k -c: v h264 -b: v 768k -g 60 -f flv "rtmps://live-api-s.facebook.com:443/rtmp/CODE" annd the command line say it :

ffmpeg version N-101944-g33db0cbfd0 Copyright (c) 2000-2021 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 9.3-win32 (GCC) 20200320
configuration: --prefix=/ffbuild/prefix --pkg-config-flags=--static --pkg-config=pkg-config --cross-prefix=x86_64-w64-mingw32- --arch=x86_64 --target-os=mingw32 --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-debug --disable-w32threads --enable-pthreads --enable-iconv --enable-libxml2 --enable-zlib --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-gmp --enable-lzma --enable-fontconfig --enable-libvorbis --enable-opencl --enable-libvmaf --enable-vulkan --enable-amf --enable-libaom --enable-avisynth --enable-libdav1d --enable-libdavs2 --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-libglslang --enable-libgme --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvpx --enable-libwebp --enable-lv2 --enable-libmfx --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-librav1e --enable-librubberband --enable-schannel --enable-sdl2 --enable-libsoxr --enable-libsrt --enable-libsvtav1 --enable-libtwolame --enable-libuavs3d --enable-libvidstab --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxavs2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzimg --extra-cflags=-DLIBTWOLAME_STATIC --extra-cxxflags= --extra-ldflags=-pthread --extra-libs=-lgomp
libavutil 56. 72.100 / 56. 72.100
libavcodec 58.136.101 / 58.136.101
libavformat 58. 78.100 / 58. 78.100
libavdevice 58. 14.100 / 58. 14.100
libavfilter 7.111.100 / 7.111.100
libswscale 5. 10.100 / 5. 10.100
libswresample 3. 10.100 / 3. 10.100
libpostproc 55. 10.100 / 55. 10.100
Input #0, image2, from 'C:\aic\free.jpg':
Duration: 00:00:00.04, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 8850 kb/s
Stream #0:0: Video: mjpeg (Baseline), yuvj420p(pc, bt470bg/unknown/unknown), 272x272 [SAR 96:96 DAR 1:1], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 25 tbc

I do not understand what the error may be because the window seems to be transmitting, however in radio boss the message continues to Encoder closed (output 9) - possibly unsupported format. Restarting... appear

This is odd. I'm not sure why it doesn't work from within RadioBOSS - I suggest to wait fro RadioBOSS version with native RTMP support, to avoid this complicated configuration.

Back