Fraunhofer aac-lc

Kevin H

I would see an addition of fraunhofer codecs in the encoder. I miss AAC-LC. better quality, we already use it live now we want to see it in radioboss.

I would see an addition of fraunhofer codecs in the encoder. I miss AAC-LC. better quality, we already use it live now we want to see it in radioboss.
AAC-LC is called "AAC" in RadioBOSS. Please also note that you can use custom encoders with RadioBOSS: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/custom-encoders.htm

Fraunhofer is available as command line utility, and IIRC it's also available in FFMpeg utility.

I have no idea how to use the fraunhofer aac. Could you help me with the command line.
Have you tried the AAC option in RadioBOSS, or maybe AAC+? Doesn't it work for you? Setting up custom encoders makes sense when you have a specific problem you need to solve.

Fraunhofer's AAC LC is of better quality than the regular AAC. We use it in our encoders. I wish radioboss could do this too. Can't miss this for professional use.

Fraunhofer's AAC LC is of better quality than the regular AAC. We use it in our encoders. I wish radioboss could do this too. Can't miss this for professional use.
When you select AAC/AAC+ in RadioBOSS do you notice any quality degradation?

My stream is going through orban sound processing. The standard AAC open source is less secure. A nice addition to radioboss as a professional playout system.

Fraunhofer's aac at 128 kbps is already of a higher quality. aac+ comes after the sound processing.

RadioBOSS uses ffmpeg to encode AAC/AAC+, as far as I know internally it uses Fraunhofer.

You can use any encoder that supports command line I/O with RadioBOSS in case there's a need for this.

Can you give an example of the command line. I saw the custom encoders page. I can't do it with the command line.

Maybe?

C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioBOSS\Plugins\ffmpeg.exe -loglevel -8 -f s16le -ac {Channels} -ar {SampleRate} -i - -c:a aac_low -

mime type:
audio/mpeg

My wishes:
aac-LC fraunhofer

128 kbps
2 channels

Which rule?

Sorry for my english

C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioBOSS\Plugins\ffmpeg.exe -loglevel -8 -f s16le -ac {Channels} -ar {SampleRate} -i - -c:a aac_low -
You can try it.

Still, I'm not sure what problem you're trying to solve. What's wrong if you use the standard AAC/AAC+ option in RadioBOSS?

The quality of aac lc from fraunhofer is better than the standard aac codec.

For more information fraunhofer website.

They are codecs for professional streaming.

In radioboss is aac faac ?

Depending on what RadioBOSS version you use, there may be different encoders. Current versions (released in the past couple of years) do not use FAAC. It uses ffmpeg and internally I suppose it's Fraunhofer.

It says professional playout but this is really missing under professional.
What is actually missing? I really don't understand what problem you're trying to solve. Did you experience any actual quality or other problems with AAC in RadioBOSS?

Back