Geolocalization of avertissement

Christian

Hi Dmitry,

I mentioned in a previous post the opportunity of broadcasting Ads. Another idea is to be able to geolocalized the ads to better target the population.
Broadcasting a French ad in the USA is not relevant and vice-versa.
I am planning to develop a script to geolocalized listeners by IP address and redirect them to a stream specific for their country.
This mean running as many RB instances as there are streams but with the exact same schedule except for Advertisement. This can get somewhat tricky to keep steams in sync. This also uses a lot of CPU for running more than one RB instance with DSP plugins.
Can you think of a better solution?

Christian

I think running multiple instances of RadioBOSS is the only option for now.
Of course, it's a bug amount of manual work to synchronize scheduler events. The Import feature should help you there.

How much instances are you running? I used 6 instances on a 4 core CPU and it was absolutely fine. It could easily run twice more at least...
If you have 20+ instances, consider using a 8 or 16 core CPU. RAM is not a big issue, 4 GB will be enough.

To reduce CPU load:
- turn off visualization
- minimize program window

Hi, in my opinion I think ideally that would be another software layer to replace the ads.
Here in Argentina one of the most used software Audicom 8 (http://www.audicom.com.ar)
AU8_AudicomScreenshot_fade.jpg

has this function and is therefore chosen by the FM stations that broadcast in string in several cities. from the main software selects the music and the announcers talk and each repeater are issued only local batches using a PC software and iLink
AU8_iLink.jpg

(is responsible for replacing commercial and music to internet court case. works only with the Audicom 8, which is of the same company). also features remote web access (which fortunately I have understood that we are working on this for Boss Radio) is one of the most chosen in my country. anyway I'll keep RadioBOSS! :D
Dmitry, please visit the web www.audicom.com.ar through a translator as it is in Spanish, this software has very good things, which might be implemented in RB! as automatic call recording (audience calls the radio and leave your message.) another thing I find good is a panel that jingles can be played more easily. could perhaps find a way to have two flaps avierrtas the time eLearning Awards website. such as the image I created with the paint.
borrar%204.bmp
thanks.

Please give me more info about panel for jingles. How it's different from RadioBOSS's cart wall?

sent him what it says on their characteristics of commercial software replacement:
iLink list recreates the unique and continuous air. iLink is purely an information display control. Since when is operating Audicom iLink mode, the programming is repeated from the head in full, except for the blocks of courses (green blocks) and the artistic head of the station is automatically replaced by local equivalents.

Mostradapor the iLink information files corresponding to programmed in the Audicom 8 of the head of the chain. This information is used by the control to know when to go so 'Remote' to 'Local', the local audio playback and return at the exact instant that continuing the program in the terminal station.

ILink Control is not only able to access via Internet to a remote head, but also allows the replacement of variable duration batches exactly. Filling time of the batch header over themed musicals (in case of a batch of great length), remote radio promos, or arpeggios to fill the exact length of time to run.

This control also replaces all the artistic head of audio for those pieces that fit the local content of each remote station. This replacement is performed in real time and without noticing it reaches the listener, as files are used exactly the same duration for replacement.

An advanced backup system (foldback) is activated in the event that a cut in the Internet connection to play prevent the signal from the network. In this case, the iLink starts reproducing some music with a music format predefined for these cases. The music format is set for each day's schedule, making the court experience less traumatic. Also keep coming in batches preset schedule having been cut even connect to the header.

The Internet connection is constantly monitored and if that is restored, wait the song finishes in progress and returns to the normal operative system.

with respect to the effects panel, this is its features:
* Each user has its own panel sounds
* Double click on an effect is put on repeat mode
* The effects, as the publisher of titles, and the library file is integrated into one screen. bone can be seen all at once.
AU8_AudicomScreenshot_arrows650x435.jpg

@Leandrofiorenza there are much things which already exist in RadioBOSS, like backup system, retranslation, etc...

nelson c said:
hey one could implement this in RB?
By "this", do you mean geo-targeting for adverticements?

Hi Dmitry

I am back on that subject.
Do you think it could be possible to have either separate software or a RB plugin to manage advertising?
In the case of separate software it should be able to manage the encoder.

RadioBoss at some point should schedule the advertisement. The stream is intercepted by the AD Manager. The Ad Manager should look what should be played at this time for each encoder. It should replace the audio from RB and play the corresponding advertisement if there is one schedule or let the RB audio go through. When the ad is played the Ad Manager should switch back to the RB audio stream.

Christian

Attachments

• ad man.png
    ad man.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 547
It's possible to change the stream using plugins, as RadioBOSS has support for DSP plugins - VST and Winamp DSP. Which means you can hire someone to create that custom VST/Winamp plugin. I'd recommend VST as it is better for performance and stability.

Here's how the setup should look like, you need several RadioBOSS'es running:
* RadioBOSS-A (RadioBOSS on your scheme) is the master stream, it broadcasts to the local server (say, it's address is http://127.0.0.1:8000)
* RadioBOSS-USA, RadioBOSS-Canada (Stream N on your scheme) etc - custom streams for each location. Those instances play the local stream from RadioBOSS-A (http://127.0.0.1:8000 is the only entry in the playlist). The plugin for stream substitution is connected for each of those instances.
* All functionality of the AD Manager is inside the plugin.

Back