Hissing From Stream

daveh

Hello
Our system firstly is working flawlessly. We are very pleased. Radioboss is running on WinXP at 64mbps to rebroadcast server running both Icecast and ShoutCast
We use Shoutcast as our main service at this stage via Centovacast with an output of 64kbps, This is to minimize the data usage for our mobile customers
The issue we have is some sounds have a hiss sound coming from the PC speakers we use and our mobile devices. The broadcast is not as sharp as we would like it to be
I am just wondering if dropping the bit rate has caused it as it wasn't noticeable previously
Thanks
Dave

First of all you should check if the stream itself is correct - e.g. try to play it in another player. Or try playing another stream in RadioBOSS and see how it works (you can use our test stream: http://user.radioboss.fm:2199/tunein/demostream.pls). If it plays OK then there's something wrong with your stream.

Hello Dmitry,
Thank you for your reply. I have increased our steam bps to 96 and it has reduced the hiss sound
Obviously this will be an issue till a resolve is found
My main reason for reducing the feed stream bps was to reduce the end users usage especially on mobile data plans
Thanks

There should not be any hissing with any bitrate. Please show screenshot how your encoder is set up.

Back