Hour markers

You can create events in the scheduler to make it create playlists when needed.
The problem is when we want a simple way to set each hour of the week. 168 events is not an easy thing to configure. There will be many errors, changing the rotation is not easy.
One of the things we did was use a different preset for the same time depending on the day of the week. So on Monday at 3:00 p.m., it will not have the same rotation as on Tuesday at 3:00 p.m., etc.
You can see it in the ids of this image.
Doing this manually is very difficult to maintain. An assistant would be very useful. (Which then ends up generating all the necessary events in this case 168)
hours per day of the week:
1680449910040.png

El problema es cuando queremos una forma sencilla de configurar cada hora de la semana. 168 eventos no es algo fácil de configurar. Habrá muchos errores, cambiar la rotación no es fácil.
Una de las cosas que hicimos fue usar un preajuste diferente para el mismo tiempo dependiendo del día de la semana. Entonces el lunes a las 15:00 no tendrá la misma rotación que el martes a las 15:00, etc.
Puedes verlo en los ids de esta imagen.
Hacer esto manualmente es muy dificil de mantener. Un asistente sería muy útil. (Que luego termine emitiendo todos los eventos necesarios en este caso 168)
Horas por día de la semana:
[ADJUNTAR=completo]12994[/ADJUNTAR]
1680453324738.png

maybe I'm getting off topic. but I want to comment the following:
having tried PGP and seeing many limitations in its use. I decided to contact the major music rotation programs "MusicMaster, Gselector and Powergold" and ask questions about RB compatibility.

They told me that it is possible to use RB as a playback engine, but it is not possible to insert ads from their systems.
from the macro that is used in RB it is not possible.

but they told me that through a command it could be possible.
I leave a link to the post:
although the link in the previous post was to insert ads in PGP.

It would be nice to do some analysis about it, so that RB is compatible for any use.

In fact, like Nelson C, I was thinking of leasing some music rotator while PGP was improved.

maybe I'm getting off topic. but I want to comment the following:
having tried PGP and seeing many limitations in its use. I decided to contact the major music rotation programs "MusicMaster, Gselector and Powergold" and ask questions about RB compatibility.

They told me that it is possible to use RB as a playback engine, but it is not possible to insert ads from their systems.
from the macro that is used in RB it is not possible.

but they told me that through a command it could be possible.
I leave a link to the post:
although the link in the previous post was to insert ads in PGP.

It would be nice to do some analysis about it, so that RB is compatible for any use.

In fact, like Nelson C, I was thinking of leasing some music rotator while PGP was improved.
Actually I am using MusicMaster since 2 years.
PLGen Pro is a good program, but these software are on another level. It is not a bad idea to take a look at the best in the world.
In my particular use I found PLGen pro more stable, and of course open to improvements. (Although the updates are too slow for this software lately):(
There are things like macros in the filters that are something I miss about this program.
In PLgen there are several more things, and a lot to improve like everything. But those things are vital in my case, for the rest we could go little by little.
Above I described the features I miss, if only we had those things available, the simplicity and stability of PLGen Pro would make me come back to it. It will never be at the level of a software dedicated to that that takes 3 decades of development, but anyway at least I don't use all the MusicMaster tools :)

Events can only be executed via the Scheduler. This way you have a single point of control.
As for what you ask, we'll make it possible to use file name templates in the playlist generator, so you'll be able to insert items like "C:\ads\playlist?hh.m3u8" - it will appear as a single item in the RadioBOSS's playlist window, and when played, it will open up.
This template item can reference playlists that are created by the Ads Scheduler. In this case, you'll be running ads from the playlist, not from the scheduler.
This had been overlooked. It's a great idea.:D
And it would allow the insertion of commercials to other automation systems.
Macro for day of the week is also important :)
It would only be necessary to add an option to not insert the events to the planner in ADS Scheduler (Since they will not be reproduced from an event)

Doing this manually is very difficult to maintain. An assistant would be very useful. (Which then ends up generating all the necessary events in this case 168)
I think this will be possible to add, Playlist Generator is already able to create events in RadioBOSS, it just needs to be extended to allow managing hours for presets and creating events with "multiple start time" option.

In my particular use I found PLGen pro more stable, and of course open to improvements. (Although the updates are too slow for this software lately)
Yes that's why the next major update will focus on Playlist Generator :)

And it would allow the insertion of commercials to other automation systems.
Macro for day of the week is also important :)
RadioBOSS has ?wd macro for day of the week, also since 6.3.0.2 beta it's possible to use macro in playlist generator.

having tried PGP and seeing many limitations in its use.
Can you please specify some of the most important limitations in PGP? We'll consider those comments when developing an update for it.

Yes that's why the next major update will focus on Playlist Generator :)
Super thanks.
Can you please specify some of the most important limitations in PGP? We'll consider those comments when developing an update for it.
One of the limitations is not being able to know the music that is going to be played.
but I think that with the idea of nelson c it will be possible.
there will be more order in events.
Although it would be great to know the "programming" of the next day.

It would also be very useful if the macro "C:\ads\playlist?hh.m3u8" could be used via the command
so that RB is compatible with any external music rotator.

One of the limitations is not being able to know the music that is going to be played.
If you create a playlist using Playlist Generator, you have a ready playlist that will show you what will play. You can make it create a number of playlists in advance, e.g. for a whole week: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/generating-multiple-playlists.htm
gfd
It would also be very useful if the macro "C:\ads\playlist?hh.m3u8" could be used via the command
so that RB is compatible with any external music rotator.
Can you please provide more information on this? Typically any rotator can be configured to create playlists named based on day/hour when they are supposed to start. You then use file name templates in RadioBOSS to start those playlists.
Hypothetically, your rotating software could create playlists in a path like C:\Playlists\03\31\14.m3u8 (where 03 is March, 31 is day, and 14 is hour). In RadioBOSS, you then simply use a template C:\Playlists\?mm\?dd\?hh.m3u8 - this way, a single event covers all of those playlists.

If you create a playlist using Playlist Generator, you have a ready playlist that will show you what will play. You can make it create a number of playlists in advance, e.g. for a whole week: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/generating-multiple-playlists.htm
gfd
Understood, I'll try.
Can you please provide more information on this? Typically any rotator can be configured to create playlists named based on day/hour when they are supposed to start. You then use file name templates in RadioBOSS to start those playlists.
Hypothetically, your rotating software could create playlists in a path like C:\Playlists\03\31\14.m3u8 (where 03 is March, 31 is day, and 14 is hour). In RadioBOSS, you then simply use a template C:\Playlists\?mm\?dd\?hh.m3u8 - this way, a single event covers all of those playlists.
This is a very good idea to avoid filling up with so many events.
but the problem RB faces with external music rotators is that it is not possible to insert an ad unit into the created schedule.
this macro can be executed internally in RB, but it is not possible to use it in external applications.

for example "MusicMaster"
1680569533935.png

The idea is that we can insert a commercial block, so that later RB can reproduce them.

They tell me that it is not possible to do this.
1680570266293.png

they tell me that it will most likely work via a command.

but the problem RB faces with external music rotators is that it is not possible to insert an ad unit into the created schedule.
I'm not sure what the other software is capable of. Maybe, you can insert reference to the playlist there.

Understood, I'll try.

This is a very good idea to avoid filling up with so many events.
this macro can be executed internally in RB, but it is not possible to use it in external applications.

for example "MusicMaster"
View attachment 13005
The idea is that we can insert a commercial block, so that later RB can reproduce them.

They tell me that it is not possible to do this.
View attachment 13006
they tell me that it will most likely work via a command.
I haven't tried that yet, but you can for sure in MusicMaster.
There are special categories for inserting automator commands, just like in this image.

What filters can be added to Playlist Generator to improve it?
Hello, I have read about that modifications will be made in the playlist generator. I have some suggestions for this. When selecting songs it would be nice to have some filters like these, to make the selection more precise. Currently when I enter songs into radioboss, it takes a long time to play the new songs and all this is configured correctly with the filters that the playlist generator pro currently has. To solve this, I leave you some filters that can help you make a better selection.

1) "Most Recently Played"
2) "Least Recently Played"
3) Less Times Played
4)Most Played Times By Priority
5)Random
6) Less recently imported
7) Most recently imported
8)Higher rating
9)Lower rating

I understand. But I would like it to be simpler to configure, or that there are some Presets like the ones I named. that way it would be simpler. In my case it is difficult to understand this function 100%. It would also be a good thing if it is also taken for a global configuration of the playlist generator
Is there any specific problem you encountered while using the priorities? Future versions will have more possible rules so it'll give you even more control.

Back