Hour markers

I promise not to insist more on this issue, the direction of the software is in the hands of the creators.
But really the covid19 has created a demand of these characteristics (and especially remote), new forms of work that will remain in the stations.
Beyond my particular need, I see how other software has gone in that direction, and I have also seen several people asking about this in the forum. I think the demand for this is tangible.
Again it is my last post referring to this

We plan on adding an option to record voice tracks in the segue editor, but I don't really know when/if it's going to happen.

The main point of RadioBOSS is unattended work, therefore it may lack some of the features of the software that is targeted towards live operation.

I'm not sure if RadioBOSS needs remote options in a style where it transfers data from one computer to another. It makes much more sense to send the stream itself - like it works in RadioBOSS Cloud. The Cloud stream works 24/7 in a fully automated mode, but you can connect to it from your computer for Live streaming. Transferring files, playlists, settings, to some other computer, in order to make it stream... I'm not sure, but it seems a too complex solution compared to sending plain audio stream.

I'm not sure if RadioBOSS needs remote options in a style where it transfers data from one computer to another. It makes much more sense to send the stream itself - like it works in RadioBOSS Cloud. The Cloud stream works 24/7 in a fully automated mode, but you can connect to it from your computer for Live streaming. Transferring files, playlists, settings, to some other computer, in order to make it stream... I'm not sure, but it seems a too complex solution compared to sending plain audio stream.
The idea of these frameworks is that the announcer takes care of recording tracks from you and nothing else. (In the shortest possible time, and at any time). He records hours in a matter of minutes and voice memos are uploaded. Nothing else
In our case, one of the programs will be a ranking. Songs, separators are provided by us.
Perhaps a simple way would be to integrate voice notes (with a kind of follow editor) in RadioBOSS cloud. I don't know the plans there, but I don't think it's easy to implement.

The main point of RadioBOSS is unattended work, therefore it may lack some of the features of the software that is targeted towards live operation.
It is true that radioboss is intended for totally unattended operation and this is fantastic. I have events that run only once a year. This is fantastic, impossible to do on other systems.
It would be great to get the best of both worlds. But some colleagues who use live radioboss tell me that the scheduler is annoying.
Events that start playback when everything is at stop. (Manual use, you can make them forget to start events and then find it in the entire list).

The idea of these frameworks is that the announcer takes care of recording tracks from you and nothing else. (In the shortest possible time, and at any time). He records hours in a matter of minutes and voice memos are uploaded. Nothing else
Yes, remote voice tracking - this is what RadioBOSS will have at some point in the future. Currently I don't know to what degree it will be implemented, at the start it'll be a very simple thing I guess and then we'll see where to move from there.

It would be great to get the best of both worlds. But some colleagues who use live radioboss tell me that the scheduler is annoying.
Events that start playback when everything is at stop. (Manual use, you can make them forget to start events and then find it in the entire list).
Scheduler can be turned off or put into the Manual mode - what are the other possible solutions here? I can only see like adding a big button at the top to control the scheduler. It already shows the scheduler status in the Status Bar and it can also be controlled from there.

Scheduler can be turned off or put into the Manual mode - what are the other possible solutions here?
maybe a second listview? which appears only in manual mode. and the queued events are added there. I think Jazler's solution is this.

You can have create as many scheduled lists as needed in additional zones. If you mean creating another list of events, I honestly don't see how it makes things easier - in this case, there will be two places from where the events can start.

You can have create as many scheduled lists as needed in additional zones. If you mean creating another list of events, I honestly don't see how it makes things easier - in this case, there will be two places from where the events can start.
I mean something like this. (Only visible when manual mode is activated)
At the start time the events can be accumulated there so that the operator can launch them easily without being missed.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 273
I see. This is interesting feature - I have added it to the list for one of the next versions. It is true that it's easy to miss an event that was supposed to run in Manual mode and this solution seems very good.

Dmitry, I would like to know what is the priority with the hour markers. And how would this be implemented.

In other software I saw functions that I find very interesting mounted on this.

For example, speeding up or slowing down tracks by between 3% or 5%, ensures that this has no audible effect and on average gives a margin to adjust 20 seconds per song. (on average)
If we have 16 tracks per hour, we have more than 5 minutes +/- to make the block last an exact hour ... and for example the commercials or news can start on the hour ... All this without fader or audible effects.
I found something very interesting
I imagine it's a lot of work, but as we discussed a few years ago, adjusting the pitch now that we have hour markers might be a great idea.
Adjusting the pitch of the songs (and not the file types) until the next marker is on the exact time would be a great solution (as long as that adjustment is possible within +/- 5%).

At the moment I plan to use the new feature "CueNextOnEnd", to start at the exact time. (When the bug is fixed)
But it is to imagine that this solution is on another level.

Last edited:
In the scheduler "Insert at next hourmarker" would also be useful.
Instead of how I work now (an event that clears the playlist and loads the new time, discarding the excess). I would load the playlist in advance, discarding the songs that are left over from the previous playlist, leaving in the playlist what was played the previous hour, in short the improvements are great.

I imagine it's a lot of work, but as we discussed a few years ago, adjusting the pitch now that we have hour markers might be a great idea.
Adjusting the pitch of the songs (and not the file types) until the next marker is on the exact time would be a great solution (as long as that adjustment is possible within +/- 5%).

At the moment I plan to use the new feature "CueNextOnEnd", to start at the exact time. (When the bug is fixed)
But it is to imagine that this solution is on another level.

OK, we'll see if there are other requests for this.
I think the idea that Nelson C proposes would be quite useful.
I think the big advantage of RB over other programs is its flexibility.
It would be great if RB could charge 24 hours.

It could even be per day:
1679872330730.png

It would be an amazing option for all those who need to prepare their weekly schedule.
Even for "live users", the option to block inactive days could be added.
so that only the "Programmer" can know what will happen in the next few days.

1679873012321.png

This could be an example of Monday:
1679873508243.png

programming with "active commercial blocks" to be updated at any time, before its broadcast.

RB is fantastic, I feel like it's possible to do it in the future.

This will probably be added in the next major update (RadioBOSS 6.4). Adjustment could be applied for 2-3 tracks before the hour end, so that no single track's speed is changed a lot.

Another interesting thing is a shortcut that allows you to quickly go to the hourly marker
Problem is where to place this panel with shortcuts :) On a large screen and with regular music tracks like 4 minutes, couple of hours are already seen on a single screen.

In the scheduler "Insert at next hourmarker" would also be useful.
Instead of how I work now (an event that clears the playlist and loads the new time, discarding the excess). I would load the playlist in advance, discarding the songs that are left over from the previous playlist, leaving in the playlist what was played the previous hour, in short the improvements are great.
I guess, making an event start at the top of the hour will achieve roughly the same result.

programming with "active commercial blocks" to be updated at any time, before its broadcast.
This is already possible using the Ads Scheduler, it will prepare playlists and events in advance and run them when needed.

This is already possible using the Ads Scheduler, it will prepare playlists and events in advance and run them when needed.
It is possible but not in the way we are proposing.
maybe a new feature could be the following:
1679926812451.png

allow the execution of the events, directly in the playlist.
Any event, whether musical or advertising, will be waiting to be executed at the moment.

It would be a very useful feature for everyone and without getting out of the way of "RB" work.

I offer to help with the design.

This will probably be added in the next major update (RadioBOSS 6.4). Adjustment could be applied for 2-3 tracks before the hour end, so that no single track's speed is changed a lot.
It's good news.
But why not adjust all the time? If no track is inserted or changed by an event, it will require less adjustment percentage and possibly more seconds of adjustment.
Obviously something can change, for example an event is executed or the song is changed manually and everything must be recalculated (This can also happen in this mentioned software), but if this does not happen (it depends on the way of working) the result will be less audible and more accurate.

Back