How can I set a start date on a scheduled item ?

Dmitry,

We are successfully deleting scheduled events with the RB scheduler, but is there a way to enter a start date for a scheduled event ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Jamie, yes, that's possible:

http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm
If the Date check box is checked and Week days is unchecked, the track will be launched only on the date specified. If both Date and Week days check boxes are checked, the date will determine the start date: The event will be launched on the selected days of week on and after the specified date.

Dmitry,

So assuming I set hours, date 24/12/2013, all week days ... and unticked the "Enabled Event" box, does that mean it sits there waiting for the first time set for 24/12/2013 then the "Enable Event" box gets automatically ticked and it starts the process ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

You'll need to keep the "Enabled Event" box checked. In this case, the event will be enabled but will not run until the date you've specified.

Dmitry,

I did that today with the date set for tomorrow (24/12/2013) and the "enabled event" event box ticked and it ran today.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
I did that today with the date set for tomorrow (24/12/2013) and the "enabled event" event box ticked and it ran today.
That's strange. I've created a test event for tomorrow to run at 4PM, current time was 3:20PM and RB shows that there's more than 24 hours for event to start (e.g. it's not goind to start today at 4PM) - please see the picture.

Please post your event's screenshot - I'll test it here. If there's any kind of bug it'll be fixed today.

Attachments

• 12-23-2013 3-19-26 PM.png
    12-23-2013 3-19-26 PM.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 446
Dmitry,

Our screen is the same as yours except I have the multi hours box populated with all the times of the day, and the command is a static playlist address.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Dmitry,

I have tried it on my own PC and RB licence and it works.  I will try it again on the main studio PC in 2 days and report back.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Jamie, I've just tried it here using the "Hours" option - it works as it should... Make sure you have the latest version installed at studio (4.9.1; you can install 5.0 as it's stable too).

Yes, almost - it'll be released today. You can download it from here: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_5.0.0.9_beta.exe

The final release will be the same except that it will have updated translation files for other languages.

Dmitry,

Okay, I'll download it on my PC now as that is where I do most of the experiments and development work.  Fantastic !

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Back