Input

Yes, RadioBOSS 6.1 will offer one more input. We'll consider adding two more, thank you for the feature request.

I was thinking to suggest/request the same...

In a live radio show, often there are 2 or more persons and they need each one its own microphone with individually different settings!

Also, I suggest to there are individual Mic activating buttons for every one microphone!!!

In a live radio show, often there are 2 or more persons and they need each one its own microphone with individually different settings!
In this case, a much better solution would be to use a mixer board and connect all the microphones there. Then connect mixer output to the computer, and assign MIC button in RadioBOSS to use it. This way, pressing the MIC button will activate all the microphones.

Computers typically have only two inputs (microphone and line in), to add more inputs, one will need to buy additional sound cards. A cheap mixer board is better suited for this purpose.

I would like it to be possible for the commercial programmer to also accept commands such as teaser, time, and others. the reality we have around here is that a company sponsors the hourly ad. The teaser can also be used to announce an upcoming song after commercials. That's how radio stations work in Brazil and in many countries. Another thing is that the separators that are already good with the addition of probability also accept tracklists, so we don't need to separate the separators in a specific folder, and these also using replay protection as is done in other parts of the program.

Attachments

• programador.png
    programador.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 173
  • separadores.png
    separadores.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 172
I would like it to be possible for the commercial programmer to also accept commands such as teaser, time, and others. the reality we have around here is that a company sponsors the hourly ad. The teaser can also be used to announce an upcoming song after commercials. That's how radio stations work in Brazil and in many countries.
This is already possible. You can create a playlist with Teaser and other items that you would like to be added at the end of the ads playlist. Then set this playlist as "Block outro" in the Ads Scheduler.

Another thing is that the separators that are already good with the addition of probability also accept tracklists, so we don't need to separate the separators in a specific folder, and these also using replay protection as is done in other parts of the program.
Track Lists are typically used to select music tracks, while separators in Ads Scheduler are unlikely to be music tracks. Why use Track List there? When creating blocks, the Ads Scheduler tries to not repeat the separators. Also, if Track List is used, it wouldn't be possible to reliable calculate the block duration.

This is already possible. You can create a playlist with Teaser and other items that you would like to be added at the end of the ads playlist. Then set this playlist as "Block outro" in the Ads Scheduler.
I think the idea was not well understood, it is true that you can do this in the output of Block Intro and Block Outro, however what we do in the block intro and block another is to leave a jingle from the broadcaster of about 15 seconds at random. My idea is to be able to do this at the right time and others, within the block as shown in the attached figure 1.

Track Lists are typically used to select music tracks, while separators in Ads Scheduler are unlikely to be music tracks. Why use Track List there? When creating blocks, the Ads Scheduler tries to not repeat the separators. Also, if Track List is used, it wouldn't be possible to reliable calculate the block duration.

As for the separators, it is to give the option of using Track List to use exactly as it is used searching in folders only with the difference of being able to create these lists with the content without needing to create a specific folder and in the same way as you create Block Intro and Block Outro being able to process the jingle in the generation, that way it would work of pointing to a folder. The content we use is small jingles of 1 to 2 seconds. In figure 2

Attachments

• horas no bloco.png
    horas no bloco.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 167
  • listas nos separadores.png
    listas nos separadores.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
My idea is to be able to do this at the right time and others, within the block as shown in the attached figure 1.
The advertisement block is not supposed to have any teasers for music tracks, this will make things unnecessary more complicated, I'm sorry.

As for the separators, it is to give the option of using Track List to use exactly as it is used searching in folders only with the difference of being able to create these lists with the content without needing to create a specific folder and in the same way as you create Block Intro and Block Outro being able to process the jingle in the generation, that way it would work of pointing to a folder. The content we use is small jingles of 1 to 2 seconds. In figure 2
Using Track List there will not work because it'll make impossible to calculate the advertisement block duration - Track Lists are only evaluated on playback, and not before. So this is not really practical.

The advertisement block is not supposed to have any teasers for music tracks, this will make things unnecessary more complicated, I'm sorry.
I just want to demonstrate that in Brazil and other countries we use the time announcement option as I have shown. In this way the company (XX) announces the time and then the commercial of the company (XX) goes on air.
Using Track List there will not work because it'll make impossible to calculate the advertisement block duration - Track Lists are only evaluated on playback, and not before. So this is not really practical.
In any case, the program does not count the time of separator, Block Intro and Block Outro in the advertisement block duration count even if we check the option to process before generating. It only counts the time of the commercials, take the test. The total time appears only when it launches in the playlist.

Last edited:
I just want to demonstrate that in Brazil and other countries we use the time announcement option as I have shown. In this way the company (XX) announces the time and then the commercial of the company (XX) goes on air.
Another option would be the track tool / voice insert. adding time announcemt command, so we marked the necessary file and it would work perfectly. When I used Zara Radio I did it in a similar way.

I guess it's somewhat possible if you include a time announcement in the block intro - prepare a playlist with a time announcement and set it as block intro.

In any case, the program does not count the time of separator, Block Intro and Block Outro
It calculates separators internally. Using Track List for Ads Scheduler proven to be unreliable (especially for remote ads management), so we won't be adding any new Track List options there for now.

Another option would be the track tool / voice insert. adding time announcemt command, so we marked the necessary file and it would work perfectly.
We'll see if there are other requests about this feature.

Back