Live Presenter Settings

Dmitry,

Can I please double check the settings we need to use on scheduled events during "Live Presenter" and "Stop after this track" operation.

The MIC button is operated when a live presenter is on air in the studio.

On our top of hour news playlist schedule we have the event box configured like this (news playlist contains files for a news intro, the news, and a news outro):

1. Time of day and weekday settings set as required

2. Waiting options are set to "Maximum time to wait in queue" set to 15 minutes and "Action" to Delete.

3. Options with "Enable event" ticked

For our advert blocks schedule we have the event box configured like this (advert playlists contains files for a text comment and 2-3-4 audio files for adverts):

1. Time of day and weekday settings set as required

2. Waiting options are set to "Maximum time to wait in queue" set to 10 minutes and "Action" to Delete.

3. Options with "Enable event" ticked

4. "Do not action this event when playlist is stopped" ticked

5. "Shuffle the playlist before inserting" ticked

I had a couple of problems and tried a few different things but I couldn't work out what the problem was and how to fix it.

For "Live Presenter" operations I thought that the best setup was to untick the "Do not action this event when playlist is stopped" and that is the way I configured it on day one and I seem to recall that it worked okay.

We then decided to enable "Shuffle the playlist before inserting" so that the adverts could go to air in a different order - and from memory that is when the problem of the adverts running over the top of the live presenter started again.

Does this make sense ?  Could it be the shuffle option that is starting the adverts over the top of the olive presenter ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
Could it be the shuffle option that is starting the adverts over the top of the olive presenter ?
I don't think so. Make sure you have enabled the "Do not start scheduled events when MIC is on" option in Settings->Inputs->Advanced.

Dmitry,

The MIC options were set that way 2 weeks ago so they should still be the same.

How should I set the "Do not action this event when playlist stopped"  ?  Ticked or unticked ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
How should I set the "Do not action this event when playlist stopped"  ?  Ticked or unticked ?
Should be ticked I think. This way events will not be started if the playlist is stopped.

Dmitry,

But with it ticked, if a live presenter clicks the "Stop after this track" button to make an announcement at the end of the song, and the song finishes, and the presenter starts talking and the event scheduler decides to insert the next block of adverts, then those adverts will not be inserted into the player and they go missing - with bot even an entry in the bottom left history display.

The best solution is to insert them in the player but not start them playing.  I'm sure this is how it works now but something seems different after the shuffle option was enabled.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Jamie, can you please send a screenshot of an event which is incorrectly inserted? Events with "Do not action this event when playlist stopped" should be inserted to the playlist, but they won't start playing if playlist is stopped.

Dmitry,

With that box ticked and the player stopped after the last song finished and with me doing a live announcement, I am seeing the scheduler flash the upcoming event for 10 seconds then nothing being put into the player.  And thete is no skgn of anything on the history log on the bottom left corner of the screen.

So we are missing out on adverts being inserted.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

This can be a bug, I've added it to the list.

You can temporarily disable this option - anyway, if you have MIC pressed, events won't start.

Dmitry,

I can confirm the following:

MIC button permanently operated while live presenter was present

"Stop after this track" was enabled

Live presenter was giving a live announcement using an external mixer

"News" playlist was inserted into the player and started to run automatically over the top of the live presenter (Event Window Options: "Enable event" ticked)

"News" playlist indicated the 10 second countdown but was NOT inserted into the player and did not run, and no entry was made into the history file on bottom left of screen (Event Window Options: "Enable event" ticked, "Do not action this event when playlist is stopped" ticked)

"Advert block" playlist indicated the 10 second countdown but was NOT inserted into the player and did not run, and no entry was made into the history file on bottom left of screen (Event Window Options: "Enable event" ticked, "Do not action this event when playlist is stopped" ticked, "Shuffle the playlist before inserting" ticked)

I hope this helps to identify the problem.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

The "Do not action this event when playlist is stopped" bug is confirmed and will be fixed in 5.0.1 (an update will be released next week).

indieradionetwork said:
I'm noticing the same thing in 4.9 with the commercials as well.
This is already fixed in RB 5.0.1, and update will be released tomorrow.

Dmitry,

So in RB 5.0.1 with a live presenter in the studio and MIC button pressed should we tick the scheduler option of "Do not action this event when playlist is stopped" ?  And will that scheduled event be inserted in the player and be paused until the presenter hits the play button again ?

We are installing RB 5.0.1 on the main studio PC tomorrow and we are doing a live show all day for "Australia Day" - our National Day of Celebration for being Australians.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

If the playlist is not playing, it'll insert an event to the playlist and won't start its playback. The playback should be started manually by pressing the Play button.

Dmitry,

Can you please tell me which tick box settings we should be using in the scheduler for this "live presenter mode" ?

"MIC" button enabled ?

"Enable Event" ?

"Do not action this event when playlist stopped" ?

We are live all day today with RadioBOSS 5.0.1 and I just want to make sure we have the options ticked correctly.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Back