Live Presenter Settings

Dmitry,

We have gone back to RadioBOSS 5.0.0.9 because there are some bugs with 5.0.1

Not quite sure what they are but we have noticed the Track List adverts are pulling in adverts from other Track Lists.  And there is some other weird fault with the scheduler where adverts inserted into the player have the first one or two adverts played but the player suddenly stops playing.

Too confusing to sort it out today and document it so we've gone back to 5.0.0.9

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Dmitry,

Even rolled back to version 5.0.0.9 I am seeing the Track List operating incorrectly and playing material that is not associated with the Track List selected.  In fact, it's playing content from other Track Lists.

I have closed RB and rebooted the PC to clear any cached content but it continues to play up.

Any suggestions ?

Power down the PC ?  Reconstruct the Track List playlists ?  I'm stuck for ideas ....

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Dmitry,

I have shut down and done a fresh power up start on the RadioBOSS PC.  I have also recreated the 4 Playlists associated with the Track Lists that we broadcast and recreated the Track Lists too.

Fingers crossed !  We will know if this has fixed our temporary problem in another 40 minutes at top of the hour.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

To clear TrackList cache: click Settings->Open Settings Folder, open Temp folder and delete the Tracklist.cache file.

radiodungog said:
And there is some other weird fault with the scheduler where adverts inserted into the player have the first one or two adverts played but the player suddenly stops playing.
That's really weird. Are there any error messages in the log? That part of scheduler/playback wasn't changed compared to previous version, I'm not sure why it behaves like this.

Dmitry,

When it played up the messages in the log sometimes said that it couldn't find the file and that was in red writing.  Other times it played the Track List entry but with the wrong audio file belonging to another Track List entry.

An example, after top of hour news we play a Track List which contains 4 audio files for the local RSL Club.  Another Track List we have has 2 audio files for the local Bowling Club which gets played at another time once every 4 hours.  With the error we saw the Bowling Club audio get played after the top of hour news - very weird and not a good thing because the RSL Club pays big money to appear after the top of hour news.

Jamie C.

While it can play tracks which were in the TrackList's source in the past (due to cache issues), it's totally impossible for it to play tracks from another TrackList... Maybe your playlist file got corrupted or someone changed it.

I've increased priority of the TrackList cache problem, it'll be addressed in the next update (5.0.2).

Dmitry,

After the errors I checked all the tracklist playlist contents and they were okay.  Perhaps just creating new track lists and the associated playlists might have fixed it - but I couldn't take the chance with the wrong advertiser going to air incorrectly.

I'll have another try tomorrow.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Dmitry,

Today we installed a battery backup UPS in the studio and took about 10-15 minutes to get everything connected and running.

During that process we powered down the RadioBOSS PC which we had reverted back to version 45.0.0.9 due to the Track List problem.

Upon starting everything up again on the UPS - all 23 devices in the studio that operate from 240V AC - we noticed that the previously working Track Lists on RB were again not working.  Once again they played unrelated messages to those shown on the screen.

I went into the settings folder and deleted the Tracklist.cache file but this didn't fix the problem.  So I created new master playlist files with new unique filenames and set up new Track Lists using them and went through it all again.

This worked.

So, this problem doesn't only appear to be a 5.0.1 problem - it is present in 5.0.0.9 also

I hope this news helps you to identify the problem.

Thanks,  Jamie C

Jamie, I still think that the problem is somewhere else. If you deleted the Tracklist.cache file, then it'll rescan track list sources and play the correct tracks.

Please wait for the next update. The Track List cache bug will be completely fixed there (at least I hope so :)).

Dmitry,

Can you please confirm what we need to do if we add or delete files from the playlist associated with a Track List ?

1. Do we just add or delete files from the playlist associated with the Track List

2. Or do we have to do the above AND create the Track List again ?

3. Or do we do both tasks above and delete the Track List cache as well ?

We are now using 5 Track Lists to rotate adverts and bush fire warnings and these are proving to be very popular with listeners and advertisers.  We can see that this feature will become more and more popular with advertisers and we might end up with 30-50 Track Lists operating - each with 2-3-4-5 tracks in the associated playlists.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Jamie, you just need to change the associated playlist or fiolder contents, RadioBOSS will pick up the changes automatically.

Dmitry.

Dmitry,

That's what I did yesterday but I'm sure what was put to air on the player was incorrect.

We had 4 new audio files to put to air and we inserted them into the playlists and removed the old ones.  Something seemed to go wrong.

I'll check it again today.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
We had 4 new audio files to put to air and we inserted them into the playlists and removed the old ones.  Something seemed to go wrong.
Can you please give any specifics on it? You can send your playlist/events to support@djsoft.net for analysis.

Dmitry,

Here is the latest story on the Track List problem.

1. We are using Track Lists for the news outro and various adverts so that a series of adverts can go to air on each time slot.

2. After the upgrade to RB 5.0.2.0 everything seemed to be working okay

3. Today we rebooted the computer and 10 minutes after reboot when the news finished the news outro went to air with the wrong advert.

3. We went into:  > Settings > Open Settings Folder > Temp Folder ... and deleted the cache file

4. Another Track List has just played and on the player it showed the correct Tracklist playlist name but when it played it played a completely different advert.

5. Therefore as you can see a RadioBOSS close, computer reboot, and RadioBOSS open allows the bug to come to life again.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Jamie,

Can you create a test setup to reproduce the problem? When done, just send the config backup to support@djsoft.net. Just a minimal number of events/playlists to make it start playing incorrect adverts. There are lots of users who intensively use the Track List feature, but they didn't report a problem like this... nor we were able to reproduce it here.

Dmitry,

Let me think how we can do this without putting us off air.  When we see the problem happen after a reboot we are so busy getting things sorted out that there is little time to do a backup while the station is off air or running a standby CD.

I'll try and work out how to do it and get back to you.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
Let me think how we can do this without putting us off air.
Just create another setup e.g. at your home PC: install RB to a different folder and create an event to run ads etc. - similar to the setup in your studio. This way we'll isolate the problem and find a fix.

Back