Millions of songs

djsoft

Staff member
Today one of the users complained that he can't add ~5 million songs to the Music Library. This is not the first time when people complain that they can't add a million (or even more) songs into RB. Personally I don't know any radio stations which have such many songs in their rotation...

Do any of you need RB to be able to handle 1M+ of songs?

djsoft said:
Today one of the users complained that he can't add ~5 million songs to the Music Library. This is not the first time when people complain that they can't add a million (or even more) songs into RB. Personally I don't know any radio stations which have such many songs in their rotation...

No Way !!!

dashford said:
I have aspirations of perhaps 500K.
I think it should handle 500K - was tested on 320K at most. Music Library save/load operations can be slow though(depends on CPU and amount of RAM)
Isn't it too much anyway? Half million tracks is about 4 years of non-repeated playback :)

pety said:
No Way !!!
I agree :) But let's wait what other people say.

djsoft said:
Isn't it too much anyway? Half million tracks is about 4 years of non-repeated playback :)
:) I take your point, but in reality a live station would never play all the tracks in its library anyway.  It's about the hosts having options, even those options which are never chosen.

dashford said:
djsoft said:
:) I take your point, but in reality a live station would never play all the tracks in its library anyway.  It's about the hosts having options, even those options which are never chosen.
One way is to split such a big library to several smaller ones. It should work with 500K songs, but save/open/search can be a bit slow.

djsoft said:

How do you even fit 1 million songs on your hard drive? You would need a 3 or 4 TB hard drive just to fit the music and about 10 to 12 TB for 5 million songs. :eek:

djsoft said:

Nooooo way! ::)

Back