NDI / libNDI video support

Alexanderrk

Hi,
I've seen countless threads about improving video support for RadioBoss.
Now that RadioBoss uses libVLC for video support, i am hoping that the filter for NDI could be added in.

There is an open-source implementation available here (https://code.videolan.org/jbk/libndi) as well as the official NDI/VLC plugin (https://www.newtek.com/blog/tips/vlc-media-player-and-newtek-ndi-vlc-plugin/).

I understand that video is not the main focus but i would be very interested if NDI functionality was added to RadioBoss.
That would solve the problem myself and others are having with not having a direct video output.

I've seen other posts asking for features like tickers, weather, graphics etc and with NDI, those requests could be offloaded to programs such as OBS, vMix Wirecast, CasparCG and others.

I hope you consider supporting NDI soon.
Thanks!

Basically the ideal would be to be able to send the video that RadioBoss plays to NDI. This would make it possible to take the video from for example OBS, or over the network with another PC.

Basicamente lo ideal sería poder enviar el video que reproduce RadioBoss a NDI. Esto haría que se pueda tomar el video desde por ejemplo OBS, o por red con otra PC.

Can you please specify what exactly it should do?

It should provide a direct video stream output using the NDI protocol for import into other broadcast software.

For example, i have VLC and OBS, each with their NDI plugins installed.
In OBS (or many other programs) i would be able to see VLC as a direct source, even from another device.
Any file played on VLC would be sent through the NDI stream to any device or software that supports it.

I request this feature because at this time there is no way to get a direct video stream from RadioBoss.
Technically, it is possible to use software to screen capture but it is not a reliable method. (See https://www.djsoft.net/community/threads/local-channel-video-scheduling-24-7.7388/post-36564)

Basically the ideal would be to be able to send the video that RadioBoss plays to NDI. This would make it possible to take the video from for example OBS, or over the network with another PC.
I think you can already capture the video that plays in RadioBOSS using OBS.

Any file played on VLC would be sent through the NDI stream to any device or software that supports it.
We'll consider it in the future, the next time we improve video support. Thank you for the request.

I think you can already capture the video that plays in RadioBOSS using OBS.
This is true, it is possible and i have done it but it is not the most reliable way to ingest video.
If i was using 1080p/4K video with a lower resolution display, the quality and resolution would be reduced by the size of the video window.

OBS was just an example of software that can ingest NDI. Capture is not usually available in more professional software like CasparCG.

I would like to note that NDI has the added benefit of passing through all contents of the video file such as subtitles or other audio tracks which would not be possible with window capture.

We'll consider it in the future, the next time we improve video support. Thank you for the request.
Thank you for considering it. I look forward to the next update.

If it's already possible with VLC, we'll see if we can implement it using the VLC video interface we already use.

Hi Djsoft,
I was wondering if any consideration has been giving to implementing NDI support.

If it's already possible with VLC, we'll see if we can implement it using the VLC video interface we already use.
If i remember correctly, when installing NDI tools there is an option to install the VLC plugin. It adds a filter .dll file to VLC's installer folder.
It looks like libvlc uses the same filters as VLC, there would just need to be an option to switch filters in Radioboss.
Newtech has a basic explanation on their website https://ndi.tv/tools/ of how their plugin works.

You can manually copy any VLC plugins to RadioBOSS's folder: (installation folder)\Plugins\Video. Maybe it'll work. Currently we did not do any thing about it yet, I'm sorry.

Creo que ya puedes capturar el video que se reproduce en RadioBOSS usando OBS.

Lo consideraremos en el futuro, la próxima vez que mejoremos el soporte de video. Gracias por la so
Todavía estamos esperando la mejora. NDI en RadioBoss por favor. Gracias

We are still waiting for the improvement. NDI on RadioBoss please. Thank you

Last edited:
Back