New tracks not being played/library issues/I have no clue what I'm doing

wxutTrip

Hello all. I'm a little in over my head.

I'm running RadioBOSS 6.3.1.2 and am trying to add tracks to our "library" playlist (it isn't a library, per se, more a "master playlist" for continual rotation.

The problem is, none of these tracks are being played within it. I notice there is a little music note icon with a clock next to the ones that are being played and no such clock for the ones that are not.

I've also noticed that sometimes the music note itself is either "lit up" or faded/transparent. What's the difference?

We also have had issues with songs playing a lot more than others. AFAIK we don't have "ratings" enabled for any or all of these songs and yet it persists. We might also have a rotation enabled which might make sense, but I don't know how to either access or turn said rotation off.

Apologies if most of this is rambling. I'm trying to teach myself the program as I've had no such people to help me out with it (We are a US college radio station whose numbers and staff are still recovering post-COVID).

Thank you so much in advance!

Olá a todos. Estou um pouco confuso.

Estou executando o RadioBOSS 6.3.1.2 e estou tentando adicionar faixas à nossa lista de reprodução de "biblioteca" (não é uma biblioteca, por si só, é mais uma "lista de reprodução mestre" para rotação contínua.

O problema é que nenhuma dessas faixas está sendo reproduzida nele. Percebo que há um pequeno ícone de nota musical com um relógio próximo às que estão sendo tocadas e nenhum relógio para as que não estão.

Também notei que às vezes a própria nota musical fica "acesa" ou desbotada/transparente. Qual é a diferença?

Também tivemos problemas com músicas tocando muito mais do que outras. AFAIK, não temos "classificações" habilitadas para nenhuma ou todas essas músicas, mas isso persiste. Também podemos ter uma rotação habilitada, o que pode fazer sentido, mas não sei como acessar ou desativar essa rotação.

Desculpas se a maior parte disso é incoerente. Estou tentando aprender o programa sozinho, pois não tive pessoas para me ajudar (somos uma estação de rádio universitária dos EUA cujos números e funcionários ainda estão se recuperando pós-COVID).

Muito obrigado antecipadamente!
x86 https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_setup_7.0.0.9.exe (21/01/2024, 34 MB)
x64 https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_setup_7.0.0.9_x64.exe (21/01/2024, 38 MB)

Olá a todos. Estou um pouco confuso.

Estou executando o RadioBOSS 6.3.1.2 e estou tentando adicionar faixas à nossa lista de reprodução de "biblioteca" (não é uma biblioteca, por si só, é mais uma "lista de reprodução mestre" para rotação contínua.

O problema é que nenhuma dessas faixas está sendo reproduzida nele. Percebo que há um pequeno ícone de nota musical com um relógio próximo às que estão sendo tocadas e nenhum relógio para as que não estão.

Também notei que às vezes a própria nota musical fica "acesa" ou desbotada/transparente. Qual é a diferença?

Também tivemos problemas com músicas tocando muito mais do que outras. AFAIK, não temos "classificações" habilitadas para nenhuma ou todas essas músicas, mas isso persiste. Também podemos ter uma rotação habilitada, o que pode fazer sentido, mas não sei como acessar ou desativar essa rotação.

Desculpas se a maior parte disso é incoerente. Estou tentando aprender o programa sozinho, pois não tive pessoas para me ajudar (somos uma estação de rádio universitária dos EUA cujos números e funcionários ainda estão se recuperando pós-COVID).

Muito obrigado antecipadamente!

The problem is, none of these tracks are being played within it. I notice there is a little music note icon with a clock next to the ones that are being played and no such clock for the ones that are not.
When a track is not played, what error message does it show in the log (bottom left corner)?

I've also noticed that sometimes the music note itself is either "lit up" or faded/transparent. What's the difference?
Blue means unplayed, grey - played.

We also have had issues with songs playing a lot more than others. AFAIK we don't have "ratings" enabled for any or all of these songs and yet it persists. We might also have a rotation enabled which might make sense, but I don't know how to either access or turn said rotation off.
How do you select tracks which will play, do you use the Playlist Generator?

When a track is not played, what error message does it show in the log (bottom left corner)?
It doesn't appear to be an error, it looks like it is almost skipped over.

How do you select tracks which will play, do you use the Playlist Generator?
I have no clue as to how we are playing specific songs. I first thought that our "giant playlist" was what was playing. It looks like via the scheduler it inserts around 30ish tracks into our "library" playlist, which is a m3u8 file, accounting for the multiples of songs we have within it... I'm really unfamiliar with Playlist Generator and how it works (just like RadioBOSS as a whole).

Is there a way I can see the m3u8 file to see what songs are in there? Or where I could see the .m3u8 files we have? My advisor is a former DJ, but she thinks there was an update to RadioBOSS that changed how the library/playlist function works.

It doesn't appear to be an error, it looks like it is almost skipped over.
What does the log say, does it register an attempt to start a track?

I have no clue as to how we are playing specific songs. I first thought that our "giant playlist" was what was playing. It looks like via the scheduler it inserts around 30ish tracks into our "library" playlist, which is a m3u8 file, accounting for the multiples of songs we have within it... I'm really unfamiliar with Playlist Generator and how it works (just like RadioBOSS as a whole).
If you need control over what songs are selected, you should try the Playlist Generator: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_playlist_generator_pro.htm
Another option, that allows less features, but simpler to use, is Track List:

Simply playing a big playlist in Shuffle mode will not produce good results, it doesn't really check for anything so artists and tracks can repeat occasionally.

Is there a way I can see the m3u8 file to see what songs are in there? Or where I could see the .m3u8 files we have? My advisor is a former DJ, but she thinks there was an update to RadioBOSS that changed how the library/playlist function works.
You can add another playlist tab, then use the Open command to open m3u playlists there to view/edit.

Back