Newbie help please

WILCOM LABS

Maybe I am missing something,but I cant get playlist generator to work at all. I cant get regular playlists to play either. All the ini folders are empty. I also have a big problem with having to use a line in entry to get mic audio to go to the stream...this is a big problem. We need to press the mic button and have audio in both the stream and the local audio. I also had many of my wave files corrupted after installation. Now I am getting an Exception processing message c000013 parameters 75b6bf7c 4  and the box title says windows-no disk...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) What software version are using? The latest is 4.0.1.441, so if your version is older, you should get the latest one here: http://www.djsoft.net/enu/update.htm

2) About INI folders, all settings are stored in the Windows Application Data, but you shouldn't modify any files by yourself.

3) With WAV files, it's a bug, and it'll be fixed very soon (within 3-4 days).

4) If MIC button and Line.In are setup to use the same audio card, and same input, turning on MIC and then turning on/off Line.IN will cause the MIC to also stop working. This is a driver issue and we're currently worknig on solution.

5) To use playlist generator, first of all, add tracks to the Music Library (and save it). Then, start playlist generator, click the "Clear" button, and click "Generate" - this should generate playlist with 1 track. Then, start to set your own parameters. It should work.

6) About Exception, when/where do you get this message?

Thank you!

Im using ver. 4.0.2.441  Is 4.0.1.441 newer?  I have lost a dozen irreplaceable wave files,I am not happy. Yes,the mic also shuts off after using line in,bummer. I have tried to use the playlist generator,it always returns the error"not enough files",the documentation on how to use it is terrible. I need to have rotating files. I cant get the regular playlist to run either,error is unknown format 41 error.
The exception error occurs when I open files in windows such as notepad to read an ini file.
I am using WInXPpro

WILCOM LABS said:
Im using ver. 4.0.2.441   Is 4.0.1.441 newer?  I have lost a dozen irreplaceable wave files,I am not happy. Yes,the mic also shuts off after using line in,bummer. I have tried to use the playlist generator,it always returns the error"not enough files",the documentation on how to use it is terrible. I need to have rotating files. I cant get the regular playlist to run either,error is unknown format 41 error.
The exception error occurs when I open files in windows such as notepad to read an ini file.
I am using WInXPpro
This means, exception has nothing to do with RadioBOSS software, it's a Windows error. The errors of this kind usually occur due to hardware failure or incorrectly working driver. You should check this first, and find the source of problem - this also may cause incorrect behavior of any other software.

The latest version is 4.0.2.411, so you have the latest one.

About playlist generator, please make sure you have files in the music library. The playlist generator will show the amount of tracks in the library (see the picture below). If it shows more than 0, and it still produces the "not enough files" error, please describe here what settings are you using.

Attachments

• 18.01.png
    18.01.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 567
Ok,I fixed the windows exception. The playlist generator produced some strange results,it keeps going back to the beginning of the music list and wont play beyond a certain point. Also,the scheduled events seem to make the list jump away from the current song to the beginning of the list or some other place.  I redid the playlist by dragging files to the player and redid the options on  the scheduled files,but it still jumps the playlist around when playing a scheduled item. Some songs show up blue while most are black,why?

The playback skips whenever my Avast antivirus downloads a new update. CPU load is only 45% and ram 44%,should not be skipping!

Looks like you have "Shuffle" mode enabled. Please check, the "SHFL" button (located in the right bottom corner of RadioBOSS's window) should be unchecked (so the playlist will play in normal order).

About skips, the 45% CPU load is pretty high: usually it's about 5-15%. Do you have any plugins enabled? and, how many broadcast outputs are you using?
Also, check that program runs at "High" priority, this option is located in the "Settings" window, "General" section.

Hi again, well shuffle is not engaged,only playlist repeat. Using EnergizeII plugin and one 128k stream with Shoutcast server. Thread priority is set to high. Sill,when Avast updates,it skips. When I mouse around in the playlist,it skips. When I open any other window,it skips. I am also running Download Manager and it does not skip when downloading files. Still awaiting the mic/line in fix,any word on that????

MIC/Line.in fix will be available tomorrow (we're releasing an update which contains many fixes).
The skips may be a result of EnergizeII plugin (looks like it consumes too much CPU time), try turning it off.

Ok, downloaded new version,now how does the mic work for streaming output? It seems like it still wants to have a line in inserted in the playlist. This is unacceptable.  Also wondering if there will be a better way to play in rotation from commercial files? The scheduler did some weird things,sometimes it leaves commercial files in the playlist,sometimes it starts over at the beginning of the list. Too many quirks and clunks!

About MIC, it should just work. Line.in is a separate function. Please make sure you set it up correctly. The "do not use windows mixer" option need to be checked (this is the default setting), also check that correct device/input is selected. Please see the picture below.

About rotation, we're currently working on this feature, it'll be available soon (in 3-5 days as soon as we finish testing).

When scheduler starts to play from beginning, this means, that playlist was stopped previously (i.e. nothing was played at the time scheduled event was started), and it needs to start playback. The first position is a good place to start... You also say that it leaves commercials in the playlist: how much commercials do you insert at one time and how much left after they were played?

Attachments

• 31.01.png
    31.01.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 566
Back