Playlist "artist" and "title" format

ajtavez

When a produced playlist from the playlist generator is exported to the player, the artist and song title is displayed as the "filename." I thought it would be simple to fix this small issue (and maybe it is and I'm just missing something), but I can't seem to figure out how. Can someone lend some help. Thank you!

debemos tener en cuenta que esta emisora que voy a transmitir es para dar a conocer la palabra de DIOS  en todo el mundo

ajtavez said:
When a produced playlist from the playlist generator is exported to the player, the artist and song title is displayed as the "filename." I thought it would be simple to fix this small issue (and maybe it is and I'm just missing something), but I can't seem to figure out how. Can someone lend some help. Thank you!
When a playlist is just loaded it will display file names (normalized), after some time (usually takes seconds) it will load the information for all tracks in the playlist.

Well, I guess mine doesn't. Is there a setting somewhere that will make it do that if it doesn't automatically do it? Here's my situation

I generated a playlist...exported to player...filename appear in the player...I can leave it there for a whole day and nothing changes. I've cross-checked to make sure I actually edited the artist name and song title in the music library, and I have. The rest of the information loads (mix point, intro, outro, etc...). This is a problem with how the song information is displayed to listeners. (I can't figure out how to successfully link this to TuneIn Radio either...and I pasted the URL they have on their website for RadioBoss affiliates).

This is 90% of the reason I haven't made the migration from (deleted) to RadioBoss for my station on all encoders. I can't move forward without 100% understanding this issue.

Your help is appreciated.

It appears that you changed the title display format in the settings. Please open Settings->View and make sure the "Title format" is set to something like %artist - %title. If those tracks are for a specific file type, also check file type settings, if it has title format override set (it's in Settings->File Types).

Also make sure you use RadioBOSS version 5.5.2.

The Tune In guide in their web site is incorrect, please use this one: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3285.0.html

Artist/Title: I've double checked the settings - everything is correct, in "%artist - %title" format. No override in file types either. Still no fix.

I tried updating to the latest version of RadioBoss - but there are a few locked files in the install folders. I haven't figured out how to fix that yet (I've spent a few days on and off trying to figure it out, nothing yet).

Tune-In: Copied the code as is, still getting an error.

ajtavez said:
Artist/Title: I've double checked the settings - everything is correct, in "%artist - %title" format. No override in file types either. Still no fix.
Please make a screnshot of how the problem looks like.

ajtavez said:
I tried updating to the latest version of RadioBoss - but there are a few locked files in the install folders. I haven't figured out how to fix that yet (I've spent a few days on and off trying to figure it out, nothing yet).
There shouldn't be any locked files. If you have RadioBOSS running, you should close it before running the installer (but the installer will instruct you to do so anyway). If that doesn't help, please tell what the error message is.

ajtavez said:
Tune-In: Copied the code as is, still getting an error.
You should copy the code and change the values (station ID etc) to actual values for your station at Tune In. If it still doesn't work, please contact support@djsoft.net and send the HTTP request string that you use.

It was all in the update. Thanks for your help! (anyone experiencing this issue, I recommend backing up, downloading a new version of RadioBoss (saving it as a separate RadioBoss--for example "RadioBoss1", reopening, restoring your previous settings and trying it again.)

I'm glad it's resolved.

The recommended upgrade procedure for RadioBOSS is to simply reinstall it over the previous version. Backup/restore is designed for backup purposes or moving the installation to another PC - using it for updates is a bit overkill :)

Back