Playlist Generator Pro

djsolar

For some time now we have been using the Playlist Generator Pro instead of programming our shows manually. We love the concept and time it saves producing the many programs we offer. But I'm unsure if we are using it correctly and getting the most out of the PGP 1.1.1.0 abilities.

For the past 2 months our generated playlists seem to be playing the same songs daily. Now I realize that the generator is limited to the amount of songs stored in the database. We currently have more than 2000+ songs per program, and the possibility of hearing a few of the same songs daily is understandable.

But we are hearing the same rotation of songs even though we generate the playlist everyday. What are we doing wrong? Any assistance would be helpful. A screen shot has been attached for visual aid.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Playlist Gen.png
    Playlist Gen.png
    190.2 KB · Views: 414
Djsolar,

Have you selected random or in order generation ?  If random you should have a different mix, but if in order you need to add an extra option to follow on from the previous sequence.

Jamie C.

Radiodungog,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes - all Category Params for all programs are set to random. Do you have another suggestion? Desperate over here.

I think you should reduce the "Do not repeat title for..." setting. 10080 minutes is one week, which is pretty much.
You can also attach 2-3 playlists generated by it so we can take a look at them (you can send the playlsits to support@djsoft.net if you don't want them to be available for public).
Also we'll improve the way PlGenPro seelctes the tracks in the next update (RB 5.1) - it'll perform more "deeper" selection, which should result in better playlists.

Thank you.

We have emailed the files in a .zip for you to review. Sending from support@mysoulradio.com.

djsolar said:
Thank you.

We have emailed the files in a .zip for you to review. Sending from support@mysoulradio.com.
Thanks. Got it, you'll get the reply via email.

Back