PLG Pro: Check Music Tracks explanation needed

jaypea500

I've been getting "Unable to play!" errors in the generated playlists. So I ran a "Check Music Tracks" test and found around 1300 tracks (out of around 6100) with errors. Some of the errors make sense, like "Corrupted" or "Incomplete Tag." But most of the tracks show the error "More than 5 seconds of silence." Haven't a clue what that means. Opening the files in the Track Tool shows a complete file that plays fine. The physical files are present in the the folders and will play fine in WMP, etc.

So, what does "More than 5 seconds of silence" mean? And what do I do about that? Whatever is needed, do I need to fix it file-by-file? Or is there a way to re-upload the tracks to the system so RB recognizes them?

Also for the Check Music Tracks window, it would be very helpful if the files could be sorted using the column headings, much like the PLG Pro window itself.

Thanks!

...joe

So, what does "More than 5 seconds of silence" mean? And what do I do about that? Whatever is needed, do I need to fix it file-by-file? Or is there a way to re-upload the tracks to the system so RB recognizes them?
It means that file contains 5 or more seconds of silence somewhere in between. It may not be visible on the waveform. Sometimes it's not actual silence, but a track is corrupted.

Thanks, Dmitry. I'll take a look. Perhaps I'll try reimporting those files.

Background: I'd been testing RB on a test bed PC for several weeks using the library from the current on-air machine over the network. After successful testing (YAY!), I purchased it over the weekend and loaded it up on the on-air machine, switching the stream over from the old software. I then restored the settings backup from the test bed to the on-air PC. I didn't use the database backup though, choosing to just import the library to the new installation. That's when I noticed the "Unable to Play" issue and did the check procedure. My thought is that something got bunged up somewhere with those files either the files themselves or the database entries.

Other than that, all is well and my stream sounds so much better as RB, so far, is much more reliable than my old automation. Lovin' RB!

Thanks again...

...joe

I didn't use the database backup though, choosing to just import the library to the new installation. That's when I noticed the "Unable to Play" issue and did the check procedure.
Most likely the cause for it is that paths to the music are different on those computers. It tries to locate music files on wrong paths.

Back