doubts about the protection of musical repetition

lughsan

Hello Dimitry, how are you?

How does the track protection rule work when duplicating a song to insert it at different times?

I mean the following:

I have two folders but with the same song.

heavy metal 01
metallica - enter sandman

heavy metal 05

The song "metallica - enter sandman" is duplicated and I have the "Do not repeat track" rule active, RB analyzes both files as individual files or as the same file.
Could it happen that it plays once in one of the folders?

Greetings, Dimitri.

Iughsa I think it uses the track title or should do there has been a few changes to this. It now called sweeper Repeat Protection. Its now use for something different! mk:mad:MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\RadioBOSS\Lang\En\help.chm::/sweepers.htm

I am not sure it has this protection now. Tere did used to be two, but I cannot locate other.

Ok I found it Its on 'Track List protection' on Playlist Menu. You may not have this set as it been improved. It seems to check feat. titles too so you must have artists in the song if its featured artist or in artist tag there is two Contributing Artists and Album Artist.

Last edited:
The song "metallica - enter sandman" is duplicated and I have the "Do not repeat track" rule active, RB analyzes both files as individual files or as the same file.
It checks the full path - so those two music files are considered as different music tracks. If you have other repeat protection rules like "Do not repeat artist" it will still work (provided that "Artist" field" is correctly filled for both tracks).

Do the protection rules differentiate a period, tilde or comma, whether in artist or title?
For example:
name without accent, name with accent.

metállica - one
metallica - nothing else matters

metallica - sad but true

Would the no repeat artist rule work or should I correct the name?

It ignores the case and any accents, the next update (7.0.1.5) will also have some improvements in this area to handle some corner cases. But even without it,
  • metállica
  • Metallica
  • METALLICA
are all considered as the same artist.

I want to stream songs from a folder five days a week, lasting one hour.
I will add snooze protection for 5 days.
How many songs should I add to that folder?

I divide 60 minutes into 4 minutes per song.
The result is 75 songs. Is the calculation correct?

The goal is not to repeat the songs for 5 days.

Music Library in the Tools menu offers the Repeat Protection Test feature, you can try using it on your music and see what results will it give. Your calculations are correct more or less- in reality songs will have somewhat less duration because of crossfades and gap killer, so you should always add like 20% of margin just in case (do not set repeat protection rules way too strict).

I have a folder with different audio formats, which audio format is most effective in "song repeat protection"?

What letter or keyboard symbol is better not to add in files?
for example: Ñ,&,% etc.
The idea is to have more effective protection against song repetition.

I have a folder with different audio formats, which audio format is most effective in "song repeat protection"?
It doesn't have any difference at all.

What letter or keyboard symbol is better not to add in files?
for example: Ñ,&,% etc.
The idea is to have more effective protection against song repetition.
Any allowed letters (system won't allow question marks and some other characters) can present in the file name. When comparing artists/titles/... RadioBOSS / Playlist Generator ignores the case and also tries to ignore diacritics/accents so that e.g. "Ñ", "N" and "n" are considered the same.

After doing a lot of testing, I noticed an important detail.
The repetition rules work, but I would add something else.

when the error appears:"WARNING! Unable to find suitable track; selecting a random track"
It is understood that to avoid this error we must add more songs.

In fact, one of the errors that was observed was that a song was repeated twice in a row when the error was generated.

A solution would be for the system to play the files in the folder randomly and if there are missing songs, continue doing so.

For example:

(for transmission)
Rock Folder
Elvis Presley - Return to Sender
Elvis Presley - Don’t Be Cruel
Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds

Judas Priest - Painkiller
Judas Priest - Electric Eye
Judas Priest - Living After Midnight

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Metallica - Sad But True
Metallica - Fuel

Rammstein - Du hast
Rammstein - Sonne
Rammstein - Engel

(scheduled to broadcast)
Files will be played randomly and tracks will not repeat for 25 minutes.

Rock Folder (broadcast 03:10)
Rammstein - Engel (start)
Metallica - Sad But True
Rammstein - Du hast
Metallica - Fuel
Rammstein - Sonne (end)
"WARNING! Unable to find suitable track; selecting a random track"
Judas Priest - Electric Eye (start)
Rammstein - Du hast
Metallica - Fuel
Rammstein - Sonne
Metallica - Sad But True
Rammstein - Engel
Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds (end)

The system warns of the error, but continues playing randomly with the files in the folder. doing different movements.
I would like to add this behavior to RB.

It is understood that to avoid this error we must add more songs.
This, or make repeat protection rules less strict.

A solution would be for the system to play the files in the folder randomly and if there are missing songs, continue doing so.
When it chooses a song next time, it will again try to follow all repeat protection rules.

The system warns of the error, but continues playing randomly with the files in the folder. doing different movements.
I would like to add this behavior to RB.
The selection is already complicated, and we'll improve it further with more rules. I'm not sure it needs to deal with such errors - there's still little it can do about it. It's much easier to correct repeat protection rules. Normal operation means there are no error messages.

This, or make repeat protection rules less strict.
understood thanks.
When it chooses a song next time, it will again try to follow all repeat protection rules.
understood thanks.
The selection is already complicated, and we'll improve it further with more rules. I'm not sure it needs to deal with such errors - there's still little it can do about it. It's much easier to correct repeat protection rules. Normal operation means there are no error messages.
Perhaps a rule is to indicate the movements the system will make when the songs are played randomly.

For example:
Metallica - Sad But True
Rammstein - Du hast
Metallica - Fuel
Rammstein - Sonne (end)

Metallica - Sad But True
Rammstein - Du hast
Metallica - Fuel
Rammstein - Sonne (end)

Perhaps it is easier for the system to follow the same movement.
new rule:
"repeat random movement"
When activated it will work during the indicated hours.

In the tests I ran when the error appeared, a song was repeated twice in a row.

this happened:
Metallica - Sad But True
Rammstein - Du hast
Metallica - Fuel

Rammstein - Sonne (end) "repetition error"
Rammstein - Sonne (end) "repetition error"
Metallica - Sad But True
Rammstein - Du hast
Metallica - Fuel

The intention is to avoid this error when you have little music in a folder.
Also for all those who are slowly starting to add music to that folder.

In the tests I ran when the error appeared, a song was repeated twice in a row.
If the next selection was also from Track Tool, it will also check for repeat protection rules, and previously selected random track will be taken into account of course - so there should be no repeats.

If the next selection was also from Track Tool, it will also check for repeat protection rules, and previously selected random track will be taken into account of course - so there should be no repeats.
The error was generated from "PGP" and "add track list"

The error was generated from "PGP" and "add track list"
Playlist Generator does not have "WARNING! Unable to find suitable track; selecting a random track" error message, it can only come from Track List. So I think more information is needed on what happens.

Playlist Generator does not have "WARNING! Unable to find suitable track; selecting a random track" error message, it can only come from Track List. So I think more information is needed on what happens.
I will make corrections and observe the behavior of the system.

1712066138568.png

Ask about track list protection.

Are the rules added to the system taken individually, for each list added, or are they global?

For example:
If I tell the system not to repeat an artist for 24 hours and I have the same artist on different lists, what will the system do?

Will the rule work individually for each list or for all lists?

1712067299345.png

Do the introduced rules start to work taking into account the first broadcast of a song?

Or do they work since you click OK?

Are the rules added to the system taken individually, for each list added, or are they global?
The settings are global for all Track Lists.

Do the introduced rules start to work taking into account the first broadcast of a song?
The rules are applied each time a track is selected from Track List to play.

Or do they work since you click OK?
OK means that settings are saved, until OK is pressed old settings will work (from the previous time when this window was called).

View attachment 14107
When you activate this option, what does the system do?
It uses the Last Played date/time for repeat protection. Without this option, the repeat protection does not check this tag. In most cases, enabling or disabling it does not change much, as Track List still has its own repeat protection buffer (limited to 5K tracks IIRC), so this option is more useful for extended repeat protection periods, that may potentially do beyond 5000 tracks limit.

Back