Plugins go white?

Ron

My plugins I use go white never done this before only since the update whats going on with this also they crash my app never happened before no joke.

Attachments

• plugin issue.png
    plugin issue.png
    188.9 KB · Views: 396
WBGS-Founder said:
My plugins I use go white never done this before only since the update whats going on with this also they crash my app never happened before no joke.
Did you change anything else in the system? There were no changes in VST handling in RadioBOSS  for several versions...

No thus never happened before I really dont know certain plugins like Ignite go white now?

WBGS-Founder said:
No thus never happened before I really dont know certain plugins like Ignite go white now?
Try turning off some of the plugins. It could be one of them which causes problems. In the next major update we'll change VST handling: even if the plugin crashes, RadioBOSS itself will not be affected.

WBGS-Founder said:
oh great your awesome I see 5.1.2.0 whats new in this?
Bug fixes mostly. Here's the changes list: http://www.djsoft.net/enu/news/89.htm

Will you guys be releasing a Linux version in the feature as I wanna move off of windows on to KDE 5?

WBGS-Founder said:
Will you guys be releasing a Linux version in the feature as I wanna move off of windows on to KDE 5?
Linux version is not planned currently.

Well, I would love to go to plasma 5 I want of this windows you know it's bad performance. I would to use KDE5 in the future.

Windows performance and stability are virtually the same compared to Linux. So moving to Linus won't give any noticeable benefit. If you have any problems with PC, it's a problem with hardware, or, it can be software, e.g. you have lots of stuff installed which slows down things a lot.

djsoft said:
Windows performance and stability are virtually the same compared to Linux. So moving to Linus won't give any noticeable benefit. If you have any problems with PC, it's a problem with hardware, or, it can be software, e.g. you have lots of stuff installed which slows down things a lot.

Moving to Linux would give me better performance for one, and I would be more free and could run my radio way longer and less exploits to my registry cause there is not all the way around Linux is better.

WBGS-Founder said:
Moving to Linux would give me better performance for one, and I would be more free and could run my radio way longer and less exploits to my registry cause there is not all the way around Linux is better.
If properly set up, Linux and Windows are equal if compared by performance and stability. Some of our test machines here running Windows 2008 R2 were up for 6+ months, and RadioBOSS was running there as well, with no restarts, crashes, viruses or any other problems (we reboot them to change hardware or when it has to be moved to another location - it could run even more of course). Windows instability was true years ago, when most desktop computers were running Windows 98. When all Windows versions were moved to NT architecture (release Windows 2000/XP) the stability problem was solved.

That's false as everyone  I know has issues, and I still do just a single site can harm your PC now day's Linux and windows are not even equal at all got any stats on this, I would like to see them? Then again, every window user claims it's the users issue when, in fact, its the os it self-Linux  is by far more supior no registry that right there eliminates registry attacks cause there is none the dns host file on windows can be exploited very easy as well still people can get in your PC and upload a virus file or trick into one no one is invincible unless you just go to windows updates and use your pcs for radio boss only then ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD6nqQrJx78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qQTXp4rBEE

This is not a good place for Windows vs Linux debate... Anyway, as I said, those systems are the same in regards of stability and reliability. Windows is more popular and majority of commercial desktop software is for Windows - simply because the market is bigger. Also, on Linux people got used to free open source software, that's one more reason not to have Linux version of commercial software.

WBGS-Founder said:
Linux  is by far more supior no registry
I doubt how lack of registry can be a benefit. Linux stores configurations in config files. Windows stores configurations in registry, and the registry itself is stored in files. Which means on both systems, configurations are stored in the files. No difference.

This is your excuse for not releasing a Linux version i would buy your software on Linux also Linux has plenty of profitable software look on steam games and music Linux is becoming more profitable so this will change matter of time but why delay it and i can find a hand full of people who disagree. All this is doing is forcing us to run windows by the way; windows 7 will be retired soon any ways there for forcing you to either windows 8 or 9 and if 9 is crap i am going to Linux any how I don't wanna leave your great software. The Linux community still buys software if it's well worth it as there is a market money is money why not make it windows, Linux and Mac people won't go to windows for software no joke just saying and comparing windows to Linux is like comparing brand name to no name windows is really no name cause a lot of stuff is ripped from Linux or ideas. at this moment lol look at windows in a bigger picture. I am also gona stay on windows after 7 dies I am off windows then I guess its by to Radio boss cause there is no Linux support do I wanna leave no but I am forced to as there is propaganda about not making money on Linux just pure hog wash windows is in no way a comparison for Linux or to be compared to Linux, Linux would run way better in fact, last longer and save HDDs. I can go on and on all day but if you the dev don't see this, then no point in crying really I guess like I say I love your software just wish it was universal or cross platform. Finally if you go to Linux your allowing us to save money and put it towards software that means something like Radio Boss gotta look at the big picture.They are by fare different Linux is a tad more secure with root as windows you need to do that jazz manually windows you need to take action Linux there already action out of the box I can go on and on but the videos below will finally summarize my point also wanna make money make your software cross platform going just windows is bad your cutting out Mac & Linux users and to think Linux has no market release on there and find out there is a market i would love to find a software like this on Linux but every one is tainted by open source open source and free are different open source is where the code is open free is where the software is free not all apps on Linux are free like Crossover yea so look into Linux more please don't assume just saying any how love your software just wish it was on Windows, Linux, Mac but there is a free alternative I guess very sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8-bv0z_pWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7va81uarN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqLmOPap6u0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G7TJyZPKPo 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n2dthDSGkc

Note that you can already run RadioBOSS on Linux and Mac OS using Wine: http://www.winehq.org/
It wasn't tested much, but it looks like it works OK.

For the OS itself, I don't see any reason in moving from Windows 7 to Linux. Windows is the most popular desktop OS, and most of the consumer desktop software is made for Windows. Moving to Linux will bring lots of problems (e.g. you won't have the software you used to have) while giving no benefit. *nix systems are very good for servers, but for desktop... I can't understand it.

Well linux is better in graphic wise opengl is better than DX every windows 7 PC I use don't matter what the specs are its laggy Linux on the other hand is pro no joke even the games preform better to say Linux is crap is a joke sorry to tell you. That is your personal opinion Mac is good for video and audio editing Linux for gaming and if there is radio software that's decent just because Linux is free and open source don't mean you make no money that is the main issue there is no money its weather window is better cause it aint. Windows has how many viruses compared to Linux? Like I said windows 7 is being discontinued soon and popular don't mean better well in performance Linux wins easily I rest my case.

WBGS-Founder said:
Windows has how many viruses compared to Linux?
The more popular the OS, the more viruses it will have. People who create viruses want their virus wide spread, therefore the main target when creating a virus is Windows users - simply because Windows is installed on ~90% desktop PCs, while Linux has only around 2%. Creating a virus for Linux simply don't worth the effort.

About RadioBOSS. "Porting" it to Linux essentially means rewriting lots of its code base to become cross-platform. I don't think we have to target Linux currently as too few people are using it. Another question is how many of them are willing to pay for software. We'll review this question each year, and probably at some point there will be a cross-platform version of RadioBOSS.

Windows 7 will expire soon and windows will get even crappier like Windows 8 and when we all go to mac or Linux and you fail you see why also i know the guys over at Sim Gear went under same reason. Also windows was hurt bad from that release of 8 another release like that there screwed and you might be as well.

People still use Windows XP, and even Windows 2000 or older... Currently there's no reason in building Linux version, but probably there will be in the future. We'll see.

Back