Problem ; Artist

nelson c, easace - thank you for the info, I'll see what we can do about it in the newer versions.

Is a solution that concatenates with " & " possible at the moment? :)
Nowadays most of the songs are collaborations, and it's an annoying bug that I have to manually fix every song we add.

Nowadays most of the songs are collaborations, and it's an annoying bug that I have to manually fix every song we add.
Not now, things like this require testing, a lot. Check every format and fix possible problems. I'll mark it for RadioBOSS 6.4 for now.

HI. I don't know if I was able to understand the problem. But we use this little program to automatically insert metadata into mp3 files. Mp3 Tag
It is necessary that the mp3 file is titled correctly and then use the "File Name" - "Tag" conversion inside "Convert". We usually title the mp3 file like this: "Artist Name - Song Title". For example: "Natalie Imbruglia - Torn" (Note the spaces before and after the "-" symbol).
Please note that if you buy from Amazon you have to do the opposite, i.e. use the "Tag - File Name" option, as the metadata is filled in correctly, but the song title is not.

Further looking into this, there's another issue - writing tags. Currently there's a single Artist edit box in RadioBOSS (in Track Tool and other windows where tag info is shown). When this is edited, what should happen? Should it parse the string using a separator and write multiple Artist fields? Or delete all additional artist fields and write everything into one?

Please note that if you buy from Amazon you have to do the opposite, i.e. use the "Tag - File Name" option, as the metadata is filled in correctly, but the song title is not.
If tag information is present, RadioBOSS will not read the file name. That is, you can have track named Track02.mp3, and if it's tagged properly, everything will work as it should (repeat protection, streaming titles etc). File name is only used when there's no tag information, in this case it tries to parse it using %artist - %title pattern.

Or delete all additional artist fields and write everything into one?
Removing all artist fields is not a good idea.
It is important information that may be useful in the future when radioboss is compatible with this

Today, analyzing the labels and dividing them into several artists is not a good idea.
For example "Years & Years" would be separated as two different artists

As long as we have a single artist field, the ideal would be to concatenate all the artists with & in the only available field, and the only one to show. But move all the artists separately to the following artist fields: example
Artist1 the weeknd & daft punk
Artist2 the weeknd
artist3 daft punk

So rb only shows the first field, but nothing is lost.
Although it may be very complex, what is your view of this?

So rb only shows the first field, but nothing is lost.
Although it may be very complex, what is your view of this?
Merging all fields into one with a separator, and separating them back into multiple fields doesn't look reliable. Like in your example, "Years & Years" will become two artists, and choosing a different separator will not work too because some other artist could have used it in their name.

I think creating a separate "editor" window that appears when you edit the Artist fields - it will contain multiple lines, that correspond to each of the artist fields, this will allow separately edit all those fields, and also avoid collisions when separator symbol (like &) presents in the artist name. When checking for repeat protection, all Artist fields will of course be used.

This is on our to-do list for the next major update, but I won't promise it 100% because it may not be finished.

This is on our to-do list for the next major update, but I won't promise it 100% because it may not be finished.
Thank you,
Hopefully it's possible soon.
Before that is it possible to implement it in readtag and writetag?
It is where the current behavior limits me the most, that the interface is not compatible would not be a big problem for now.:)

Before that is it possible to implement it in readtag and writetag?
Not really, I'm afraid, it will still require most of the work done to make it possible. Currently it's assigned for RadioBOSS 6.4, but there are lots of other things for this version in the queue. We'll do our best to implement this in 6.4 version.

Back