Problem with crossfade with track downloaded

scundida

when i download a program from ftp with the command:

download http://www.example.com/voicetrackexample.mp3 c:/program/desktop/voicetrackexample.mp3

i want set the input and output cross fade with the type of track, or manually modify with "track tool" the start and the end of the track, but  a new download (scheduled everyday) reset the properties of the track.

how i can solve?

the principal problem is the output fade of the track downloaded, it cut a part of a voice of track!  :'(

The new download doesn't reset anything. If the name of the file is the same, the new file overwrites the old one. And the result is a new file which doesn't have any cue start or end.

But there is a very good solution for this request too.
Anyway I need more details becouse I think that I can solve this easily...

One way to apply the desoired crossfade settings is to create a new file type: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_different_types_of_files.htm
And set crossfade parameters for this file type (menu Settings->Crossfades) - then all tracks that belong to that file type will have those crossfade settings by default.

All you need to do is to set the file type's identifier correctly, so that all downloaded files will be identified correctly. If all files are named the same (e.g. "voicetrackexample.mp3") then "voicetrackexample" identifier will do.

djsoft said:
One way to apply the desoired crossfade settings is to create a new file type: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_different_types_of_files.htm
And set crossfade parameters for this file type (menu Settings->Crossfades) - then all tracks that belong to that file type will have those crossfade settings by default.

All you need to do is to set the file type's identifier correctly, so that all downloaded files will be identified correctly. If all files are named the same (e.g. "voicetrackexample.mp3") then "voicetrackexample" identifier will do.
It is very good point, but not enough.

If the track has few second (3-5 sec) at the beginning and in the end, there will be an annoying silence.
If you don't have time to set Start and End in Track Tool (it can happend) then a setting in RadioBOSS will be great:

Settings - Playback - Miscellaneous - Remove gap between track [checked]

So, there are three important steps:
  • File Type (name of the file as identifier);
  • Settings - Crossfades - [FileType] - FadeIN, MixPoint, FadeOut to zero and checked;
  • Remove gap between track.

pety said:
If the track has few second (3-5 sec) at the beginning and in the end, there will be an annoying silence.
If you don't have time to set Start and End in Track Tool (it can happend) then a setting in RadioBOSS will be great:

• Settings - Crossfades - [FileType] - FadeIN, MixPoint, FadeOut to zero and checked;
The "Remove gap" option is turned on by default, but anyway, it's good to be noted.

There is no competition; it is collaboration.
Togheter make a great team around this master piece of software.
Thanks again for RadioBOSS.

djsoft said:
pety said:
The "Remove gap" option is turned off by default, but anyway, it's good to be noted.
Remove gap must be turned ON for this scenario.

pety said:
The "Remove gap" option is turned off by default, but anyway, it's good to be noted.
Remove gap must be turned ON for this scenario.
[/quote]
It was a mistake in my previous message - the Gap Killer ("Remove gap...") option is turned on by default.

pety said:
There is no competition; it is collaboration.
Togheter make a great team around this master piece of software.
Thanks again for RadioBOSS.
You're welcome :) (sorry if my message sounded like a competition - it was not :) )

Back