Radio Boss Crashing!!

amitagh

Hello there,

We recently acquired the  4.8.3.0 version of Radio Boss where we have created various playlists as we are a new radio station with only a handful of radio presenters.

However, we have noticed that when we want to stop the music playing on the playlist  and we click either the stop or pause button, the programme freezes, an hourclock icon appears and one minute later the programme crashes and reboots again??!!

Could you please advise why this is happening and what we can do to prevent this.

Many thanks,
Amita

Amita, please try updating to the most recent RadioBOSS 4.9 - let me know if the issue still presents there.

Many thanks for the prompt response.

Excuse my lack of knowledge but this is all new to me. Please advise how we could update to the most recent RadioBoss 4.9.

amitagh said:
Excuse my lack of knowledge but this is all new to me. Please advise how we could update to the most recent RadioBoss 4.9.
You can download it from here: http://dl.djsoft.net/radioboss_demo.exe
Newest version is always listed in the Download section on http://www.djsoft.net

Thanks very much.

So when we update to this version, would we need to add all the data we have added in the previous version such as the music, jingles, etc..?

amitagh said:
Thanks very much.

So when we update to this version, would we need to add all the data we have added in the previous version such as the music, jingles, etc..?
Most of the settings will be kept: music library, playlists, scheduled events will remain after you update.

Hi there,

I've updated the new version as recommended however we are having even more problems!!

For some reason, it is not playing the music on our playlists and is just scrolling down the list of songs not playing anything?!! At first the message was coming up about silence detector then a song was in the play box but the song does appear to play even when we have pressed the play button but nothing is happening!

Obviously we only updated to this the version to prevent the program from crashing however having no songs playing is an even greater problem. Also we rebooted the computer so we thought the files would be updated correctly...

Therefore, could you please let me know as soon as possible what the problem could be?

Many thanks,
Amita

RadioBOSS 4.9 changed sound card handling, so you'll need to setup sound cards again. Open Settings->Playback->Devices and select a device for Main (on air) soundcard. More info: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/playback.htm

If you use the Prelisten feature, also select a sound card for Preview device.

Hi there,
The Radio Boss is still crashing so we have decided to purchase a new PC as this could be the problem.

Therefore, could you please advise the best way to save all the playlists that we have created so we can use them when we add Radioboss to the new PC.

Thanks,
Amita

amitagh said:
Hi there,
The Radio Boss is still crashing so we have decided to purchase a new PC as this could be the problem.

Therefore, could you please advise the best way to save all the playlists that we have created so we can use them when we add Radioboss to the new PC.

Thanks,
Amita
Amita,
We use a separate partition and a folder called "Playlists" (N:\RadioBOSS\Playlists\, where "N:\" is the letter of partition). Also we use the same location for Libraries (N:\RadioBOSS\Libraries\), Backups etc., etc.

The name of our playlists follows a pattern like this : hour_day-month-year.m3u8

00_05-Aug-2013.m3u8
15_05-Aug-2013.m3u8
16_05-Aug-2013.m3u8
17_05-Aug-2013.m3u8
23_05-Aug-2013.m3u8

For  a better search we made in folder Playists other folders for the days of the week :
01. L
02. M
03. Mi
04. J

Where L - Monday, M - Tuesday etc., etc.
We made all those folders to be easier for us to find the playlists. Anyway, we do not keep the playlists.

amitagh said:
You can simply move the playlist files to a new PC.
If you want to also transfer events, in the old RadioBOSS 4.8 installation click Settings->Open Settings Folder, open Presets\Schedule and copy all the .sdl files from there to a new PC.

Thanks for your reply but just to be clear, we need to save all our playlists in the following  N:RadioBoss\playlist\ following the pattern you noted below:00_05-Aug-2013.m3u8.

Then these playlist files could be moved onto our new PC?

I clicked setting>open settings folder and open presets\schedule and couldn't see any sdl so would we need to save all our files as sdl files? And not m3u8?

Hello there,

We've just had another issue come up this evening!

The audio that we had scheduled was playing then all of sudden it stopped then it went to another music playlist and tried to play songs from that list. Then it started like it was going to play a track then the message silence detector: action 1 come up and it went to the next song on the list then the silence detector message appeared once again. This sequence continued for a few minutes all the while meaning that there stream going out was silence! Do you know why this could have happened, by any chance?
Thanks

amitagh

1. See the image. RadioBOSS has in the left panel a collecction of playlists. All this collection can be saved as a single Schedule (*.sdl).

2. In the right panel is a colection of tracks all saved as a single playlist (*.m3u or *.m3u8).

3. You can  use Playlist Generator Pro to create complex playlists. You can make complex model of playlist.

4. I think you have another RB profile in use. If you have the old profile you can use it by restoration.

5. You can go easy to settings location of RB through Menu Settings -> Open Settings folder

Attachments

• RB_GUI.png
    RB_GUI.png
    322.2 KB · Views: 515
  • Settings_location.png
    Settings_location.png
    160.2 KB · Views: 509
  • RB_Profiles.png
    RB_Profiles.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 498
  • location_PGPro_patterns.png
    location_PGPro_patterns.png
    128.6 KB · Views: 498
amitagh said:
Hello there,

We've just had another issue come up this evening!

The audio that we had scheduled was playing then all of sudden it stopped then it went to another music playlist and tried to play songs from that list. Then it started like it was going to play a track then the message silence detector: action 1 come up and it went to the next song on the list then the silence detector message appeared once again. This sequence continued for a few minutes all the while meaning that there stream going out was silence! Do you know why this could have happened, by any chance?
Thanks
That is a bug. It happened to me too (few times), BUT RadioBOSS doesn't see any abnormal behavior and that is strange.

Hi Petty,

Thanks very much for all the info - it's extremely helpful!

I'll give it a go and will be in touch again if I have any further issues.

Best regards,
Amma

amitagh said:
Hi Petty,

Thanks very much for all the info - it's extremely helpful!

I'll give it a go and will be in touch again if I have any further issues.

Best regards,
Amma
You're welcome.

pety said:
That is a bug. It happened to me too (few times), BUT RadioBOSS doesn't see any abnormal behavior and that is strange.
We were unable to reproduce it... You reported a similar bug, but I think it's different. The issue will be investigated.

Back