RadioBOSS 4.7 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
radium98 said:
IN pety case it must added : Disable close when RB is processing.
another good thing is :prevent window log-off when also processing mean rb is running :)
I work in a radio station from 1998. In many cases mistakes can appear. Especialy when I am tired. I think is not only "pety case". It's about experience. Nothing to laugh.

I do my best to try in helping this marvelous software (radioboss).

pety said:
In attach
Thanks for reporting, this error was fixed in RB .992: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.7_beta.exe

pety said:
I work in a radio station from 1998. In many cases mistakes can appear. Especialy when I am tired. I think is not only "pety case". It's about experience. Nothing to laugh.
Ok. I agree. This was changed, and File-Exit now will ask for confirmation too.

pety said:
radium98 said:
IN pety case it must added : Disable close when RB is processing.
another good thing is :prevent window log-off when also processing mean rb is running :)

I do my best to try in helping this marvelous software (radioboss).
pety iam not laughing at all i also work to improve radioboss the boss and leader radio automation software ok

Again auxiliary playlist deleted my work in Temp Playlist while I was work in Temp. Uf!

pety said:
Again auxiliary playlist deleted my work in Temp Playlist while I was work in Temp. Uf!
This can happen only if you played something in Temp, so the program switched to this playlist.
Anyway, can you reproduce this bug and post here a steps to reproduce it? Without this, the bug can't be fixed...
Thanks.

This is an [url http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,2754.msg7791.html#msg7791]old story[/url]. It was solved (!?), but today, when I was worked, that happened again, without play anything from Temp. The version is 4.7.0.991.

I remember this, but the problem is that I can't get the same error. I did exactly as you've written in the post, step by step. It always loads aux playlist in the Main tab, as it should...

Can you record a video on how it happens? You can use CamStudio (http://www.camstudio.org) for this. Maybe this will give some clues...

And please download the .992 version, a serious memory bug was fixed there.

Unexpected broadcast stopped.
I restarted RB and conection was reloaded.
Error - No description.

Attachments

• stream_stop.jpg
    stream_stop.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 555
Hey staff

There is a huge problem with disconnecting from the icecast .mp3 servers using radioboss

on the older versions of radioboss when you had only 1 song playing and that song was done it would have disconnected the stream while the stream was still connected

but now on this newer version of radioboss it does not does not do that anymore

and its really annoying now

so can you fix this problem for us please

thanks

pety said:
Unexpected broadcast stopped.
I restarted RB and conection was reloaded.
Error - No description.
The -1 error usually appears when software is blocked by firewall or you entered incorrect encoder settings. Is it OK now?

bobby said:
Hey staff

There is a huge problem with disconnecting from the icecast .mp3 servers using radioboss

on the older versions of radioboss when you had only 1 song playing and that song was done it would have disconnected the stream while the stream was still connected

but now on this newer version of radioboss it does not does not do that anymore
The thing is, that behavior of broadcasting, connections wasn't changed in this version. It works the same way as it does for the past 2 years... No changes.
Could you please give more details on what's wrong?

Hey djsoft

what i mean is that when there is no song playing while the stream is connected

it plays dead air when radioboss thinks that the mic icon is active while the mic icon is not active

that what i mean

thanks

well what i do know is that it is a open source encoder but when i try to change it to the new update it doesnt work. so i think there is something that has to be done in RB before it actually works. that's what i was asking.

bobby said:
what i mean is that when there is no song playing while the stream is connected

it plays dead air when radioboss thinks that the mic icon is active while the mic icon is not active
If there's nothing playing, the server will disconnect you. RadioBOSS will know about this disconnect only after it start sending data again (eg. you start playback).

If you have the "Disable local echo" option turned on in the Microphone settings, it will not disconnect, instead, it will send silent signal to a server.

I wouldn't rely on the auto-disconnect feature...

Action Radio 95.1 said:
i have a question. have you considered updating the MP3 encoder - Lame.exe
What's new in the encoder? The current version works just fine, and I'm not sure it's a good idea to change things... :)

i was trying to see which verison is it that you are using in RB but couldnt find that so i was going by the date of the file. the last stable verison is 3.99.4

LAME MP3 Encoder is a useful and one of the best mp3 encoder and is available for free.

You can use the LAME executable with RazorLAME interface or you can use the DLL with another software (AudioGrabber, CDEx etc). I prefer the combination CDEx or AudioGrabber + LAME DLL. In the archive are included both: exe and DLL.

Features:

Many improvements in quality in speed over ISO reference software.
    MPEG1,2 and 2.5 layer III encoding.
    CBR (constant bitrate) and two types of variable bitrate, VBR and ABR.
    Encoding engine can be compiled as a shared library (Linux/UNIX), DLL or ACM codec (Windows).
    Free format encoding and decoding
    GPSYCHO: a GPL?d psycho acoustic and noise shaping model.
    Powerfull and easy to use presets.
    Quality is comparable to FhG encoding engines and substantially better than most other encoders.
    Fast! Encodes faster than real time on a PII 266 at highest quality mode.
    MP3x: a GTK/X-Window MP3 frame analyzer for both .mp3 and unencoded audio files.

Hey djsoft

just a quick heads up here

how is the chained .ogg thing coming along

did you guys figure out how to put that on radioboss yet, just curious

thanks

Action Radio 95.1 said:
i was trying to see which verison is it that you are using in RB but couldnt find that so i was going by the date of the file. the last stable verison is 3.99.4
RadioBOSS uses Lame 3.97. I don't know if there's a reason to upgrade to the latest version - according to the changelog, the changes are mostly in the VBR section or ID3v2 tag support. None of this is used while broadcasting.
Do you have any problems with current lame version?

bobby said:
how is the chained .ogg thing coming along
I don't think that support for chained OGG's will be added in the near future.
The author of the OGG decoder sees no interest in supporting those files, neither do I...
There's no much use of chained OGG's for radio broadcastings. I'd advice you to break one big file into separate tracks and then work with them in standard way.

Hello, if I drag songs from Windows Explorer to the player sets my music icon but I added the songs.
when I have activated the maximum waiting time in the list, the event is added and deleted at once without waiting for the time set
will be possible to customize the names of the jingles? that's not right to send the air above the name of the topic
On the other hand I have a request that can be sent to air the name of an event instead of the songs played.
I use an event to generate a list of playlist generator towards electronic music, and would be great to send the air "are listening to electronic music" and not the name of the song is playing.

djsoft said:
The -1 error usually appears when software is blocked by firewall or you entered incorrect encoder settings. Is it OK now?
I think is about "Stereo Tool". I uninstalled it and no error (crash) anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back