RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
dave-t said:
As far as the UI is concerned the only issue I really have are the tabs on the left hand side. I often want to be able to see schedule and the FX window at the same time - It would be nice to have one or the other as a separate pane
That would be possible in the future. As you already probably know, there's a so called "Second work zone" was added in RB 4.8. You can activate it by pressing Ctrl+2 or from the menu: View->Work Zones->2.
For now it can host Search, File Explorer, Cart Wall and Web browser.
It's just a matter of time when Scheduler and some other features can be hosted there as well.

What do you use FX tab for by the way?

Regarding feature requests, most of them will be implemented in the RB 4.9.

Utilising work zone 2 for the schedule sounds like a good solution.

I use the FX tab as that is where the VU meter is and I can see if Replay Gain is operational on the now playing tracks.

corsimusic said:
in radio boss 4.8 .3.0 much replay gain infos mp3 and some flac don't work
Please send files for which ReplayGain tag is not recognized to support@djsoft.net - it will be fixed in RadioBOSS 4.9.

dave-t
Thanks for the information. FX tab will be probably, but VU and ReplayGain will stay :)

djsoft said:
corsimusic said:
in radio boss 4.8 .3.0 much replay gain infos mp3 and some flac don't work
Please send files for which ReplayGain tag is not recognized to support@djsoft.net - it will be fixed in RadioBOSS 4.9.

dave-t
Thanks for the information. FX tab will be probably, but VU and ReplayGain will stay :)

If the schedule can be displayed in WZ2 that will meet my need nicely. It is not a major issue nor a priority for me just something nice to have  :)

Development of PGPro and Music library are - to me - more important. My station is highly automated and the more specific I can make the shows the better. Therefore, what is contained in the music library and how PGPro uses/filters this is critical to how my station "sounds"  :)

Loving RB a lot !

Yes, Playlist Generator Pro will be improved in the next update. Also Music Library will have new columns.

djsoft said:
During search, did you look at the Settings window and just didn't notice the View tab?
No, I saw the View Tab alright. It was inside there when looking around that I had thought that area at the top was to do with FONT's since I saw the word "font" mentioned several times, so that is why I didn't notice it. I must have looked at that area half a dozen times.
DJSTU said:
What about changing playlist section background?
Thin grey line is used to resize sections. I think its color could be made changeable too.
I wasn't meaning the resize sections lines. I am not sure of the proper technical names to use to describe it, so hopefully this makes sense.
I was meaning the frame (outline) with a header bar at the top. So you can grab the header bar and move the whole box or frame around.
Rather than resize sections/areas, make the ACTUAL box/frame resizeable.

Resizeable/moveable areas will, possibly, appear in the future RB 5.0. I'm still not sure if many users need it. When UI is highly customizable, it's hard for some people to find good layout.

DJsoft agree with, I've tried programs like Sam Broadcaster, and the arrangement of windows is mut complicated and messy.
I personally like the interface radioboss, (but not skin) the idea of ??working with pesata?as is very convenient and with the addition of "Work Zone 2" can work with Cart Wall, simultaneously with a list.
But I think we should build an extra skin for those who do not want the classic Windows-style appearance.

I enclose two skins I found on google I liked.
In the first there is a mixer, which in the future would be good to include it in radioboss, I think it would be useful to have a control over the entire audio when working from outside, or for users who do not have a hardware mixer.
Also this good about being able to hear the air by selecting headphones for example.

Attachments

• livestream.png
    livestream.png
    290.1 KB · Views: 766
  • Hardata 9.jpg
    Hardata 9.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 936
You can change colors and fonts for the main window, so it'll look a bit different. It's configured via Settings->View.

It's possible to include skins in RadioBOSS. You can see it in action in RadioCaster - select a style from Style menu. I remember there was one style that looked like your first picture.

For air monitoring you can set up Monitor sound card in the Settings (in RB 4.9 sound cards can be changed without restarting so you can easily switch monitor device).

Ok, change background color can be a good option momentary, but we need something with color gradient, and richer colors.
RC skins are very good, is it possible to incorporate in RB 4.9 or 5?
It would also be good so that users can create skins generating images. in order to have total control over the interface.

The new function to change settings without restarting sound is very good news, but I do not need to stop and in the future need to have a "virtual mixer" mode to control the microphone, the audio generally, the cart wall, etc. and select the option to monitor pre listen any desired output easily.

on purpose there is a bug in the sound settings:
I'm using 3 sound cards:
1 - Air
2 - Wall Cart
3 - PFL
Each output is assigned a sound card, in any case I have assigned "out default windows"
every time I change the default sound card (I do use other programs for editing files), when I restart RadioBOSS, the outputs are changed, eg
3 - Air
1 - Wall Cart
2 - PFL

RadioBOSS binds sound cards by index. When you change the default sound card, indexes are changed.

It's possible to bind cards by Driver ID or something but I'm not sure... It's a rare case when people change default sound cards (but I could be wrong).

nelson c said:
It would also be good so that users can create skins generating images. in order to have total control over the interface.
I think it will be possible to include skins in the future. Skin engine allows to download more skins and create own. I'll see and maybe this will be added in 4.9.

nelson c said:
The new function to change settings without restarting sound is very good news, but I do not need to stop and in the future need to have a "virtual mixer" mode to control the microphone, the audio generally, the cart wall, etc. and select the option to monitor pre listen any desired output easily.
Well, any kind of virtual mixer is still not as good as a hardware mixer. Currently there are no plans on including a virtual mixer in RB...

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS binds sound cards by index. When you change the default sound card, indexes are changed.

It's possible to bind cards by Driver ID or something but I'm not sure... It's a rare case when people change default sound cards (but I could be wrong).
Yes, I personally do not change the default output, only a few exceptions I use winamp.
perhaps the most common case is when you insert a USB soundcard.
The Stand Alone version of Stereo Tool, I have seen that works for Driver ID, and I think this is much more stable.
for example in the preset program configuration is stored as follows:
Device ID = speakers (M-Audio Revolution 5
and it seems much more stable.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
I think it will be possible to include skins in the future. Skin engine allows to download more skins and create own. I'll see and maybe this will be added in 4.9.
Great, thanks!

nelson c said:
Well, any kind of virtual mixer is still not as good as a hardware mixer. Currently there are no plans on including a virtual mixer in RB...
Not argue that, the hardware mixer will always be better than a software solution, but would be useful for when doing outdoor streaming broadcasts, and not have a external mixer. is not critical, but I think that in the future would be nice to have this feature.

take the opportunity to ask if RB will be implemented as follows:
RB-Remote Access
player-assistant
- Album cover

Thanks

nelson c said:
(1) I've tried programs like Sam Broadcaster, and the arrangement of windows is most complicated and messy.
(2) I personally like the interface radioboss, (but not skin) .
(3) I enclose two skins I found on google I liked.
Also this good about being able to hear the air by selecting headphones for example.
(1) Agree with you on Sam. Way too complicated and busy. Not a good choice to emulate.
(2) Skins are a good start, especially if nothing else is mooted at this stage. Choices of skins on RadioCaster are excellent. I would be happy to accept skins as a way of getting us to better graphics.
(3) I like that Livestream mixer skin...looks excellent. Excellent idea about the button for headphones too.
Don't like Harddata. Once again too messy and overdone visually.

nelson c
Yes, USB sound cards become more and more popular. We'll change the way sound cards are initialized to use driver ID.

nelson c said:
RB-Remote Access
player-assistant
- Album cover
Yes for 1 and 3. What do you mean by "player-assistant"? Probably it's been added too, but named differently :)

DJSTU said:
(2) Skins are a good start, especially if nothing else is mooted at this stage. Choices of skins on RadioCaster are excellent. I would be happy to accept skins as a way of getting us to better graphics.
OK, experimental skin support will be added in RB 4.9.

DJSTU said:
Excellent idea about the button for headphones too.
What headphones button should do, play the On-Air output to PFL?

DJSTU said:
nelson c said:
(1) I've tried programs like Sam Broadcaster, and the arrangement of windows is most complicated and messy.
(2) I personally like the interface radioboss, (but not skin) .
(3) I enclose two skins I found on google I liked.
(1) Agree with you on Sam. Way too complicated and busy. Not a good choice to emulate.
(3) I like that Livestream mixer skin...looks excellent. Excellent idea about the button for headphones too.
Don't like Harddata. Once again too messy and overdone visually.

To me, I can not think of a better way to optimize the interface, if the interface is through windows, will end up being a disaster like Sam.
I think the most important thing for now is to have several skins, I agree that RadioCaster like ADS Scheduler (even more variety), have very good skin I would like Esten in RadioBOSS.

djsoft said:
nelson c
Yes, USB sound cards become more and more popular. We'll change the way sound cards are initialized to use driver ID.
If this will be the best option

nelson c said:
RB-Remote Access
player-assistant
- Album cover
Yes for 1 and 3. What do you mean by "player-assistant"? Probably it's been added too, but named differently :)
Sorry, I had a translation error, I meant if these things will be implemented in RadioBOSS 4.9.
For the second, I meant auxiliary player.
In this regard I have a suggestion, the player is annoying cueing him as a window that overlays the main window, maybe a good option would be to have it incorporated into the program interface, and using a button to select the output pre Preview or air outlet.
DJSTU said:
OK, experimental skin support will be added in RB 4.9.
This is great news!.
DJSTU said:
Excellent idea about the button for headphones too.

I think @DJSTU concerns the possibility to listen to the air outlet for headphones (is what I requested)

I'm looking forward to the release of RB 4.9 :D

djsoft said:
Without having the software and knowing the exact specifics of its operation, it most certainly will be a 2nd bus, which could more than likely be for PFL.

The quality of graphics of that mixer is first class. I am getting more keen on trying software like this out, particularly now touch screens are becoming more common.
We won't reach our optimum I don't think until we start to see a lot more availability of OLED type monitors.

DJSTU said:
Without having the software and knowing the exact specifics of its operation, it most certainly will be a 2nd bus, which could more than likely be for PFL.
By PFL I mean the Pre-listen device. So you can pre-listen tracks, and listen to station output by pressing Headphone button.

DJSTU said:
The quality of graphics of that mixer is first class. I am getting more keen on trying software like this out, particularly now touch screens are becoming more common.
We won't reach our optimum I don't think until we start to see a lot more availability of OLED type monitors.
I agree, it looks really good. Of course, not everyone likes dark UI's, but it definitely should be added as an option :) I think we can achieve something like this in RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back