RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
pety
I'm not sure why calculation for selected tracks is gone... It will be back in the next update :)

nelson c
Skins for RB doesn't looks good - there are too much custom UI elements which cannot be skinned for now.
RadioLogger is registered, but I don't think we should pursue the Radio Logger Pro makers - the name is too generic and I don't see a problem here.

Casey
The trailing backslash problem will be solved. Thanks for reporting.

Prelisten currently limited to use DirectSound only. In the nearest future it will be expanded to use all other driver models (ASIO, etc). I don't promise it for RadioLogger yet, but it will be added there in 2013 for sure.

The audio distortion which is resolved by pressing MIC button seems weird to me. What audio cards are you using, and is it native ASIO or you're using Asio4All software?

djsoft said:
roygbiv222 said:
New beta version crashes every new track, if manually and automatic.
System XP home SP3
Is there any error message shown?

Nothing, just restart and restart, if option "restar if crash" enabled, if not enabled crash only once.

roygbiv222 said:
Nothing, just restart and restart, if option "restar if crash" enabled, if not enabled crash only once.
Please try downloading the most recent beta version (4.8.0.10). If it still crashes, click Settings->Open Settings Folder, you should see bugreport_*.txt files there - please send those to support@djsoft.net

djsoft said:
Prelisten currently limited to use DirectSound only. In the nearest future it will be expanded to use all other driver models (ASIO, etc). I don't promise it for RadioLogger yet, but it will be added there in 2013 for sure.

I will try PreListen on cheap USB SC, that is one option for now.

RadioLogger is not urgent for me. I mentioned this because it would be a problem for anyone setup to use ASIO,
it will be good to have it as an option.

The audio distortion which is resolved by pressing MIC button seems weird to me. What audio cards are you using, and is it native ASIO or you're using Asio4All software?

I am using the Asio4All drivers, with a soundblaster PCI for the Main SC and soundmax integrated SC for Monitor..

I did not get a chance to check this out on the Asio4All web site as it was down last night. There were however, a few comments about similar problems on other Forums. It seems particular to some soundcards.  The problem might also be due to a conflict between the windows and the Asio4All drivers with the soundmax integrated soundcard. I had to remove the windows drivers for the soundblaster PCI SC before it would work with Asio4All. I may need to remove the windows drivers for the soundmax integrated SC.

Another thing I will try when it fits the schedule, is installing a second soundblaster PCI SC. The one I am using now is working fine with just the Asio4All drivers.. Maybe 2 of the same SCs using the Asio4All driver may be the answer and leave the soundmax integrated SC for PreListen..  I will check this out when I can.

Casey

djsoft said:
roygbiv222 said:
Please try downloading the most recent beta version (4.8.0.10). If it still crashes, click Settings->Open Settings Folder, you should see bugreport_*.txt files there - please send those to support@djsoft.net

I kwow when problem occurs, when I use vst plugin, but I use still same plugins few years, in stable 4.7.7  demo alsa tested and every thing ok.

Problem is when too many vst plugin are in using vst folder, I try with 2 vst plugins and ok, but earlier start with 165 plugins in folder and crashes.

roygbiv222 said:
Problem is when too many vst plugin are in using vst folder, I try with 2 vst plugins and ok, but earlier start with 165 plugins in folder and crashes.
Yes, too many VST plugins can cause problems... Currently the only solution would be to reduce the number of plugins.

Casey
If Asio4All causes problems, I'm afraid RB cannot do anything about it... I think it's better to use cards which have native ASIO support.
Using a cheap USB card for prelisten is a good idea.

djsoft said:
roygbiv222 said:
Yes, too many VST plugins can cause problems... Currently the only solution would be to reduce the number of plugins.

So what's a safe number of VST to start with?

Action Radio 95.1 said:
So what's a safe number of VST to start with?
Having hundreds of plugins will affect RB startup speed as it scans the plugin folder (this will be changed in the future). RB shouldn't hang or crash because of VST plugins, but sometimes it can if one or more of VST plugins is faulty.

Hey Djsoft

does RadioBOSS 4.8 Release Candidate have my request to read song titles on the air yet

thanks

Hi bobby. I'm sorry, the wasn't added in this version. It will be either added in the 4.8.0 release or goes to 4.8.1.

BTW, Are you really sure you want to use TTS engine on your station?

A possible improvement in searches:
Search the STOP button now also works to clear the text: Deleting a text should update the list again.

I remember a small error reported last year:
By maximizing and minimizing the log window returns to its initial position.

For 2013 I expect this to include remote access, pre-loading buffer and ancillary players in the next versions.

Conclusion: very happy with this new version, I love the new features included! :D

bobby said:
Yes i am sure that i want to use the TTS engine on my station
OK... Please wait for 4.8.1 update, the TTS feature will be extended there to say current/next track title.

dave-t said:
The release is working great for me  :)
Very good! :)

nelson_c said:
Search the STOP button now also works to clear the text: Deleting a text should update the list again.
It's not possible. Refreshing the list takes time while STOP button supposed to stop search immediately. If STOP button actually starts a new search (with empty request), it doesn't really act as stop... Another moment: you search the large base and don't want to wait until it's finished - you click stop and browse through the incomplete results. If button resets the results it's not good at all.

nelson_c said:
I remember a small error reported last year:
By maximizing and minimizing the log window returns to its initial position.
Yes, it's still on the bug list.

nelson_c said:
For 2013 I expect this to include remote access, pre-loading buffer and ancillary players in the next versions.
Yes, this is planned for spring (RB 4.9), but I'm not sure about streams pre-buffer yet.

nelson_c said:
Conclusion: very happy with this new version, I love the new features included! :D
Thanks!

nelson_c said:
It's not possible. Refreshing the list takes time while STOP button supposed to stop search immediately. If STOP button actually starts a new search (with empty request), it doesn't really act as stop... Another moment: you search the large base and don't want to wait until it's finished - you click stop and browse through the incomplete results. If button resets the results it's not good at all.
OK, I understand, you are right

Boss Radio 4.9 will be ready for spring U.S. (March / June)?. Spring ends here today.

Beta testing is over. Big thanks for everyone who participated!

Final version can be downloaded from here: http://dl2.djsoft.net/radioboss_setup_4.8.0.12.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back