RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joshua
There shouldn't be any delay... Please post a screenshot of Microphone/LineIn settings here. This will help to find what could be a problem.

Hallo,

here is a Screenshot, PTT enabled (then by push 1-2 sec. hang?s), when disabled it?s ok.

Attachments

• rbmicset.JPG
    rbmicset.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 667
SORRY GUYS! - I changed the database yesterday and there are NOT 433 files, there are actually 18,000.

I changed the timeout to generate the playlist to 10 minutes and actually takes 6 minutes to read all the files.

Sorry, I am learning about RB as well as testing the Beta - I apologise  ;)

dave-t said:
SORRY GUYS! - I changed the database yesterday and there are NOT 433 files, there are actually 18,000.
Wow, that's a bit more than 433! :) Anyway, thanks for pulling up this problem. While doing tests about it, a way to speed up the generation with "Read additional info" was found: in the next update it will generate playlists 30-70% faster.

Casey
Thanks for warning about Norton.
In my opinion, no antivirus is required at all if several easy rules are folowed: don't open unfamiliar files; browse Internet with the browser running through Sandboxie (http://www.sandboxie.com/ ); have Windows Firewall enabled.

Joshua said:
here is a Screenshot, PTT enabled (then by push 1-2 sec. hang?s), when disabled it?s ok.
Yes, thanks, the error confirmed.

I spoke too soon!

I finally crashed RadioBOSS beta-4.8.0.1, after running about 8.5 hours with no problems.

I was adding a file to the cart when I got an access violation error.  RB keep play in music file but I no longer had any control of the program. I exited the program using the icon in system tray.

I tried the option of sending a bug report but that failed. I was able to save the bug report, see attached.

Casey

Attachments

• RB - bugreport.txt
    28.4 KB · Views: 601
Ok! happy to know that my stupidity will result in an improvement in RB  ;D

Can I ask you to consider one additon thing. Some time ago I asked if you could change the control buttons to make them easier to see - they lack contrast. I appreciate finding and fixing bugs is more important  :)

Attachments

• RB2.JPG
    RB2.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 657
I have a Problem with Music Library..see Video.

Thanks.

Joshua

Attachments

• RB 4802 bug.mp4
    1.2 MB · Views: 480
Thanks for the video.

You don't see any files in search because of so-called "lazy load" feature. The database is loaded when you perform a search. Until then it's empty. This is done for faster RB startup.

The search result list shows first 500 results (to conserve memory), that's why you don't see complete database there.

Search was faster in previous versions because it didn't read the track metadata (playcount, etc). I think we'll make this configurable.

Casey
Thanks for bug report.

dave-t
I agree. The new buttons will be added in the future versions, I think in one of the 4.8.x.

djsoft said:
Thanks for the video.

You don't see any files in search because of so-called "lazy load" feature. The database is loaded when you perform a search. Until then it's empty. This is done for faster RB startup.

The search result list shows first 500 results (to conserve memory), that's why you don't see complete database there.

Search was faster in previous versions because it didn't read the track metadata (playcount, etc). I think we'll make this configurable.

Configurable is a good Idea.  :)

Thank you for TOP Support, very nice.

Greetz
Joshua

Something new . .  Playlist window

Some file name is the Playlist window have changed color. Just a few and I have hot been able to
figure out why.  I noticed this happend after I added to [New Types]. I added ID and selected a color. The song that was playing change to the same color in the list. However, in further testing, this does not happen every time, it is very radom. Next, I changed the color for the ID File Type again. What ever colour I picked, the file name in the Playlist window changed to that color.

I checked the ID3 tags and to see [ID] was there, so the song was being seen as an ID file. There is nothing in the tags that should cause this.

Any Idea what is happening?

Casey

Attachments

• shot_121128_020239.png
    shot_121128_020239.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 684
What ID are you using for the file type? If possible please send one of the "coloured" files to support@djsoft.net for analysis.

Hi

RB has failed to complete a schedule and restarted. I cannot see any bug reports - I believe that this is the second time this has happened.

See Attached.

The schedule ran at 08:00 to generate 1 hours of 1970 music - it failed to generate the stack and shut down, and then automatically restarted at 08:02:12. I did not see it happen.

After re-entering the licence key again I restarted at 08:55:04 and manually ran the same schedule at 08:56:03 and it worked fine taking just 5 seconds to generate the playlist.

Another schedule automatically ran at 09:00 to generate another 1 hours of 1980s and it took over 2 minutes to complete. Re-running the same schedule manually took 3 seconds !!

I have schedules running every hour throughout the day and will see how long it takes to run a schedule automatically as opposed to manually. it does seem that generating a playlist automatically takes a long time compared with manually running the same pre-set ???

Attachments

• RB4.JPG
    RB4.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 630
Hi Casey...
I see when you use the word id in your file type that it changes the song color.  If you look closely at the songs that have changed color they all will contain the word id embedded in them.  You might try changing file type to something like LegalID  or maybe DJsoft has a better idea.  Hope this helps a little.

David

dave-t
Please give more information on how this happens. As I understood, an event with "generate" command starts, then program silently restarts itself?
If possible, please send playlist generator preset and library (.xml) you're using to support@djsoft.net - this will help much in reproducing the error.
You can also just wait for the next release (later today), it has some fixed regarding Playlist Generator, so maybe this issue will be gone.

David
There's nothing special I can offer in regard of ID's... Just make them longer to avoid 'collisions'.

It seems that when a scheduled event runs to generate the playlist it takes a lot longer than if you do it manually by the "run now" button.

The latest schedule took 50 seconds to generate 1 hour of music but when ran manually it took 2 seconds.

the same database and presets are being used

I am keeping an eye on it

e-mail on the way with the preset and the associated database XML file

The 12:00 schedule took 127 seconds to produce 60 minutes of music although it took only 2 seconds to produce the same amound of music when ran manually with the "run now" button

Can you please let me know if you find anything. I am looking at my system to see if there is anything that could be causing the probnlem at my end

RadioBOSS 4.8.0.3
http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.8.0.3_beta.exe
Changes:
- fixed microphone bug
- fixed line.in bug in Windows Mixer mode
- program doesn't require restarting when changing PFL (prelisten) device
- fixed bug when starting non-existent playlist in Overlay mode
- Playlist Generator Pro creates playlists much faster

Ad Scheduler improvments:
- can export events to RadioBOSS's scheduler
- Ad Scheduler events are marked with special icon in the Events list
- block intro/outro reworked: now it can be playlist, file, Track List or command
- warning can be shown when block exceeds specified duration
- added new options for generated events (music level and DTMF)
- numerous UI improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back