RadioBOSS 4.9 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
pety said:
Line.IN works now only in "Windows Mixer Control".
Not in "DirectSound" like in previous version.
Pety, I've checked Line.In using DirectSound on Windows XP SP3 and it works fine. Could you please give more details about the problem?

RadioBOSS 4.9.0.6 is out!

- Settings backup and restore feature (Settings menu)
- Bugs fixed

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.9.0.6_beta.exe

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinely the Milliseconds Issue has got fixed : D i know they were just 50 days, yet i felt them a year ,  thank you .. my respect .. : D

djsoft said:
pety said:
Line.IN works now only in "Windows Mixer Control".
Not in "DirectSound" like in previous version.
Pety, I've checked Line.In using DirectSound on Windows XP SP3 and it works fine. Could you please give more details about the problem?
It works fine to me too. My mistake.

moh001 said:
fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinely the Milliseconds Issue has got fixed : D i know they were just 50 days, yet i felt them a year ,  thank you .. my respect .. : D
Let me know your experience with this feature. I've tested, on 24hr playlist those fractions of seconds add up to couple of minutes.

pety said:
It works fine to me too. My mistake.
What it was? Maybe RB can be improved to avoid this in the future?

pety said:
Did you make a test?
A little explanation on this: when you start RB it calculates playlist duration in seconds (those values are stored in the playlist). Then, in background, it updates durations using milliseconds - after you just started RB you can see that playlist duration counter is being increased.

Did you make a test?

if i didn't make a test how would i say it got fixed ?  :)

I have a Playlist , before this beta version's released : its duration with RealPlayer : 45:25 , and with RB : 45:19 , and i explained it as RealPlayer puts the milliseconds in the duration whereas RB doesn't

With this Beta, and for the first time, that playlist's duration with RB is 45:25 , and that's how i knew ..  :)

Let me know your experience with this feature

i'll do some statistics and give you a feedback ..  :)

PS \ I'm not an English native speaker , so i dont know if i'm being fully understood to you people .. 

nelson c said:
-possible edit-mix points of the song being played by Segue Editor.

Dmitry, if you can get this feature working we will hang a framed picture of you in our studio!  (Seriously -- some hosts have been asking if we can get your photo!)  :D

dashford said:
Dmitry, if you can get this feature working we will hang a framed picture of you in our studio!  (Seriously -- some hosts have been asking if we can get your photo!)  :D
I agree this feature is very useful and it's often asked  - I'll try to add it in 4.9.
For the photo, I remember I've put couple of them on Facebook :) I hope hosts are satisfied with the software and won't use photos for black magic purposes :)

moh001 said:
PS \ I'm not an English native speaker , so i dont know if i'm being fully understood to you people .. 
There's no problem with understanding and I'm glad to know the new feature works fine for you.

Hi Dmitry, herewith a mistake I had to start RB 4.9 and enter the configuration panel (RadioBOSS was in stop).

A curious question ...
You alone are in charge of all this company?, if so am surprised by the dedication to your work! :)

Attachments

• bugreport_20130423-122939.txt
    36.1 KB · Views: 715
Nelson,
Thank you for reporting a bug, it will be fixed in the next update.

For the company question - I run this business, do most of the development and support.

i am not if i had mention this or someone else. but the time announcement used as a overlay player. gets stuck and the player won't close until i click cancel and then it goes back to the playlist and continue playing music or streaming feed.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
i am not if i had mention this or someone else. but the time announcement used as a overlay player. gets stuck and the player won't close until i click cancel and then it goes back to the playlist and continue playing music or streaming feed.
Thank you fore reporting this bug!

UPDATE
I just did a quick test and time announcements play fine as overlay. Please confirm that you're using the latest version.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
yes i am using the latest version. unless i am doing something wrong. it worked fine with 4.8.3
Please give more information on this:
- post screenshot of the event properties
- what sound files are you using for the announcement?

RadioBOSS 4.9.0.7

- New feature: double-click report window to prelisten a track
- Set broadcasting title for Line Input
- Playlist Generator Pro: filter by BPM
- Playlist Generator Pro: no-repeat rule for track title
- Scheduler command added to create settings backup: createbackup
- Playlist printout feature added
- Scheduler printout feature added
- Bugs fixed

createbackup command syntax:
createbackup filename[.7z]
Example:
createbackup C:\RB_backup.7z
createbackup C:\RB_Backup_?yyyy-?mm-?dd.7z
In second example a substitution macro is used, more information about macro: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.9.0.7_beta.exe

Brilliant  :)

Many thanks for these additions

Two question

do we have to use 7z or can we specify ZIP or Rar
Is the compression code included or do we need to install one (7z)

Dave,
It uses 7z only - you can also omit file extension when using the "createbackup" command - it will be appended automatically.
Compression/decompression code is included, no need to install anything.

thank you - really great enhancements

I will test over the weekend.

Is there still a plan to add a "separator" in the Schedule or do I continue to have a non event scheduled for sometime in the distant future ?

dave-t said:
thank you - really great enhancements

dave-t said:
Is there still a plan to add a "separator" in the Schedule or do I continue to have a non event scheduled for sometime in the distant future ?
Yes, it's planned and will be added in the future versions (4.9.x or 5.0).

Thanks Dmitry

I will start re-working the pre-sets tomorrow - there are a lot of them to do - and the first real test for the track repeats filter will be on Sunday when the bulk of our 1920s-1950s tracks are played out.

I should be able to report back on Monday morning.

Have a good weekend  :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back